Camera won't connect to phone

Reaction score
https://flic.kr/p/nUcWjs

OK, I am now getting this on my phone. Green light is on the camera and moves when turned on but I cannot get it to give me a picture on my phone. My booster says it cannot connect either. Any ideas???

It is 2 weeks old, it is the P2V+.

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-07-02-13-54-24.png
    Screenshots_2014-07-02-13-54-24.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 1,756
I am using an Android Note 3. I can control the Phantom but I get no video at all. And yes, I am connected to the Phantom through WiFi. I was filming in Yosemite and I noticed that it cut off video mid flight and then since then, I cannot connect. It was not that hot out at all

Can I reset the camera and reconnect it???

Have you tried uninstalling/resinstalling the app? Have you recently installed a new app that might be causing a conflict? Do you possibly have another device you could test with?

I am going to try with another phone right now.

I used it in Yosemite for 2 days. Third day I used it it flew fine but video was cut off and now it wont show anything. So I was curious if I could reset it and connect it all over again. Is that possible?

Ok, I tried it with another device and I get the same issue as with my phone.
I also tried to downgrade and nothing, still persists. I am now back to the latest version

well that sucks. Nothing at all happened to the aircraft and you didn't do anything differently?

Nope, not a thing happened! When I went to play the video of its last flight, it stopped on its own and now nothing.

Can I reset the camera connection somehow?

I -think- you can rebind everything in Phantom 2 Assistant Software. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Stab in the dark here...

Test if your camera is still working.
Look at the camera. Top left is a button.
If you tap that button, it takes a photo. If you hold down, it starts recording (changes colour).
Press it again to stop.
Take the memory card, insert into PC and see if you face is on it.
If so, this means your camera is working and the wifi stream isn't.
I'm pretty sure the wifi stream isn't working because the telemetry is dead.

Another option
Look closely at the 3 sets of grey flat cables that attach to the gimble. You can see them but they are hard to access. Get a blunt thin object and press down on them and make sure they aint loose.

I was wondering what that button was and thank you. I pressed it for a picture and then took 2 videos. I plugged the phantom into the PC and it is there so it is working. It is the wifi that is not working or talking. Anything I can do for that?

Mako79 said:
Stab in the dark here...

If you tap that button, it takes a photo. If you hold down, it starts recording (changes colour).
Press it again to stop.

Another option
Look closely at the 3 sets of grey flat cables that attach to the gimble. You can see them but they are hard to access. Get a blunt thin object and press down on them and make sure they aint loose.

Jeffin916 said:
I was wondering what that button was and thank you. I pressed it for a picture and then took 2 videos. I plugged the phantom into the PC and it is there so it is working. It is the wifi that is not working or talking. Anything I can do for that?

Mako79 said:
Stab in the dark here...

Press it again to stop.

Another option

Did you try:
Look closely at the 3 sets of grey flat cables that attach to the gimble. You can see them but they are hard to access. Get a blunt thin object and press down on them and make sure they aint loose

Try rebinding the extender to the phantom first.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

It really sounds like the wifi in the phantom chopper isn't talking to the extender. The problem is that the wifi in the phantom is hidden. Not sure, but try download an android app called wifi analyser. This picks up SSID's. Look for another phantom SSID that doesn't look like the wifi extenders ID. I don't have my phantom with me so I cant test this.

Sure sounds like that is the problem and the fix. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Mako79 said:
Jeffin916 said:

Mako79 said:
Stab in the dark here...

Press it again to stop.

Another option

Did you try:
Look closely at the 3 sets of grey flat cables that attach to the gimble. You can see them but they are hard to access. Get a blunt thin object and press down on them and make sure they aint loose

Try rebinding the extender to the phantom first.
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

It really sounds like the wifi in the phantom chopper isn't talking to the extender. The problem is that the wifi in the phantom is hidden. Not sure, but try download an android app called wifi analyser. This picks up SSID's. Look for another phantom SSID that doesn't look like the wifi extenders ID. I don't have my phantom with me so I cant test this.

All I have to say is that you are the MAN!! I did the rebinding and that worked! It is all synced back up and working now. Thank so much for all of your guys help, she is back! :)

Hello.
I am having the same problem. Camera cannot connect to app.
Using P3P, iphone 5.

- P3P is connected and can fly, but camera does not connect.
- It does not show image on app.
- The camera/video options are grayed out and cannot start recording.

I've tried different solutions suggested above, but non of them work.

Is there a way to do a reset?
Any other suggestions?

Hello.
I am having the same problem. Camera cannot connect to app.
Using P3P, iphone 5.

- P3P is connected and can fly, but camera does not connect.
- It does not show image on app.
- The camera/video options are grayed out and cannot start recording.

I've tried different solutions suggested above, but non of them work.

Is there a way to do a reset?
Any other suggestions?

You're in the wrong sub forum.
Goto to the P3 sub forum and search or start a new thread if the search doesn't help.

Phantom 3 | DJI Phantom Forum

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers