Camera won't connect after binding

Reaction score
suggestions please!!! I have a PV2 that was purchased used from a well known electronics/camera store in Manhattan that is a phantom dealer. Out of the box everything worked perfect. After a few flights on the day I got it I wanted to go through the steps of setting things up on my own so I knew how to work everything. I reset the RE and attempted to rebind the camera. After doing this I could not get the camera to connect to the app. Wifi is connecting for the Phantom but "cannot connect to camera" message. I quickly realized the box the phantom came to me in was not original to the phantom itself. So I scanned the wrong QR code. I called DJI, gave them all the numbers they needed to create the correct QR code. I got it and went through the rebinding process again and I am still not able to get the camera to connect. I have tried everything I can think of. On the camera view page in the App the only thing that shows active is the wifi and RE symbols are lit blue. Nothing else is active.

Prior to the resetting the RE and rebinding to the wrong QR code everything worked correct.

Any suggestions please!!!

Also in my iOS settings wifi connections should I see the phantom connection and Camera (FC200**) connections as available wifi? I only get the Phantom connection to show when the RE is turned on.

If you can read the MAC address on the camera itself you can enter that in the rebinding process instead of using the QR code, I did this when I first got my P2V as I stupidly unbound the camera whilst messing with the RE unit

dirkclod said:
Just a thought but with battery out unplug cable from back of camera and reinsert till it clicks . Also try if you haven't to delete the app and reinstall it. Worth a try ;)
Already did both of those.

crash1sttime said:
If you can read the MAC address on the camera itself you can enter that in the rebinding process instead of using the QR code, I did this when I first got my P2V as I stupidly unbound the camera whilst messing with the RE unit

How can I read the MAC address for the camera? When I attempt to rebind using the QR code DJI provided I get a MAC address with the camera ssid. I am wondering if it is correct though. Maybe DJI made an error with my code?

dirkclod said:

Went through that process. Downloaded the inSSider and it will not find the "no name" hidden signal. There are no hidden signal showing.

It does find the phantom info.

Does this mean I have a fried camera wifi transmitter or can anything else cause the camera not to transmit any wifi data?

Thanks for help everyone. I've tried everything. No luck. I even went through the process of trying to create my own QR code as instructed here. The inSSider did not find a no named signal rom the camera. It found the phantom network and all others in the area but no unnamed ones. So never got past that step.

I called my retailer and they are shipping me a new on and this one is going back. This all started when I scanned the wrong QR code that was on the box it came in. They can figure it out.

To answer the question about why I did the rebind. I like to know how to do all processes with my equipment. So I read everything carefully with the rebind process and went through doing it. Never had a thought that the QR/box was not the original to the phantom.

jmcclung241 said:
crash1sttime said:

How can I read the MAC address for the camera? When I attempt to rebind using the QR code DJI provided I get a MAC address with the camera ssid. I am wondering if it is correct though. Maybe DJI made an error with my code?

The MAC address is printed on a label on my camera, instead of scanning the QR code i simply entered that. if you get your new camera without a QR code for it have a look on the label, its really small mind you so get a magnifying glass :)

dirkclod said:
We having a hard time with this one huh :( Did you read in your other post on this ? viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32229 Keep trying rebinding process a few more times if nothing else and hope you haven't bricked your camera !
Still trying to figure out why you did rebind in the first place when it was working :shock: We have just over looked something simple I'm sure and will figure it out. MAYBE one of our other members will read this and offer a suggestion ;)

Could scanning the wrong QR code not specific to the phantom somehow have bricked the camera? It's moot on the one in question as I have sent it back to B&H and a new one is on the way but it's still bothering me I couldn't figure it out and would like to not have this happen in the future. ( I know to compare numbers now though)

Basically what all can cause a bricked camera?

Can anyone tell me what the QR code looks like? Any particular format? I noticed a sticker on the main board of the camera which contained a several digit number with no identification. I was wondering if this could be the QR code.

One minor thing to check... When you bind the camera... The last step to accept the changes is to tick the blue box in the upper right hand corner of the app. Its a blue box with a check mark to accept.

I missed this step when i bound my RE700 the first time. Worth a shot.

I have a Tab 3 and it would not read the Q code at all. I pulled out my Android phone (HD Razr Maxx) and it scanned it perfectly. Seemed like the Galaxy tab 3 couldn't focus on the code.

Geo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues