Camera won't come off?

Reaction score
I suffered a small crash from about 12 feet a few days ago. The roll arm motor stopped working, but all other functions are in perfect working order. I ordered a replacement motor from f/stop labs., but during the repair I noticed that I could not remove the camera. I disconnected the ribbon cable and removed the pivot screw, but the camera simply will not slide off. Am I missing a step?

I suffered a small crash from about 12 feet a few days ago. The roll arm motor stopped working, but all other functions are in perfect working order. I ordered a replacement motor from f/stop labs., but during the repair I noticed that I could not remove the camera. I disconnected the ribbon cable and removed the pivot screw, but the camera simply will not slide off. Am I missing a step?
Which Phantom do you have?

Sorry, thought I put that in the post, Phanyom 3 Standard
Have you removed the 4 screws that are mounted to the video logic board? That is what the gimbal and camera hang from.

Is the video logic board inside the phantom shell?
No, it is the platform from which the gimbal and camera hang from. Have you removed the whole gimbal and camera assembly from the drone yet?
You will have to unplug one gray antenna wire and one black antenna wire.
Then the data plug. Remove the absorbing mount anchors and gently pull the ball mounts thru the absorbing board.
Then you will be able to move forward with disassembly.

I don't know if it's the same question you are asking, but there is a screw that is covered up by the ribbon cable where its fastened with adhesive. It took me a while to figure that out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31