Camera / Video Settings in bright days??

Reaction score
Here is my problem,

Yesterday I went to fly my P3P to a park nearby, the settings for the video were AWB, VIVID colors. The day was sunny, clear skies, no clouds. If the camera is away from the sun video looks really nice at 4K 30fps, pictures look just a bit dark but nice. When the AC was on his way back to me the camera was now facing the sun, so my video got really dark. I think I understand the reason this happened, the sensor is now facing the sun and it adjusts automatically.

My question is what is the trick, or special settings, aside from shooting away from the sun for picture and video to come out nice. I also have a pack of filters (1 Polarizer Filter - 1 ND4 Filter & 1 ND8 Filter)
but haven't had any luck obtaining the results that I want using the filters. I have seen really nice videos on this site on sunny days that look nice and clear, far from the results I am getting.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CS86PS2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I was getting the same as you when I turned towards the sun but I got over it by when turning into the sun I lowered the camera so that I only got a very small sliver of sky in view then the ground view was as perfect,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers