????camera vibration?????

Reaction score
I was flying at a field today and decided to film a little. When I landed I heard the drone making a periodic vibrating sound. I could count 1,2,3 and vibrate, 1,2,3 vibrate. I watched the movie and noticed the picture shakes. I could count 1,2,3 and picture shakes with that regular beat. When the camera was point down it does not vibrate. I can set the aircraft on the kitchen table and turn it on and it makes regular noise, if I gently pally pressure to the back of the gimbal it stops. Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes. That is it. I can stop the noise by tipping the aircraft on any of its side, and also by using the controller to lower the camera.

And the sound is not constant. It sounds like yours doe every 3 seconds. It shakes the camera. That's how I noticed it.

I think I am on to something here. If I turn the aircraft in the light on the gimbal is normally green, red indicates a firmware problem. I can make the sound go on and off. I recorded it for you twice to hear, but I get a constant sound on the movie, indicating that there is a frequency broadcast controlling the motor. I am going to update the firmware. I'll let you know if this solves the prolem

It should only make that noise once when warming up. When mine makes that noise repeatedly it looses all flight data also stops recording flight data then the gimbal goes crazy, then if i hit the aircraft it stops and is fine for a few minute flight and it happen again.
Im thinking it has something to do with the gyro / accelerometer getting stuck then when i hit it it frees up. Like when you tilt yours it frees it maybe. Im gunna pull mine apart today and check it all out.

OK. I haven't looked at my flight data. I could have the same problem. Please let me know what yo see, when you take yours apart. Good luck, hope you find a fix, for both of us

if it's beeping like that all the time it has something to so with compass or gyroscope issue.
try calibrating the compass and/or IMU calibration.
also red blinking light means you don't have a microSD card in. ;)

Found the issue with mine it is the gyro this black box. As when i turn it on and its constantly beeping i directly tap that box with a screw driver and it stops. Now i need to try get a replacement it looks like a plug in job which will make life easier.

Attachments

• 1466822926457.jpg
    1466822926457.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 248
Good luck to you Kaleb. I made a video and sent it to DJI of my drone. I will let you know if they resolve it. They just sent me an email.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj