Camera unreal phenomenon

Reaction score
Can someone explain the camera behavior on 0:14 ?
I have that regularly.
Finally caught on video.
The bird didn't crash and yes the camera tilt is off.
If i yaw to the left it stays level and yaw to the right it stays like that until i yaw back to the left. Has been since i bought it. Between some updates it was gone but it came back, but it isn't a concern.

Anyone ?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgTMYsJ0Ahw[/youtube]

Camera suddenly detected a cute girl sun bathing in her yard? ;) Looks like some sort of momentary electronic glitch mainly because it corrects itself. Sucks that it happens often, but at least it's something that DJI can recreate if you send it in for repair.

ToThePoint said:
Can someone explain the camera behavior on 0:14 ?
I have that regularly.
Finally caught on video.
The bird didn't crash and yes the camera tilt is off.
If i yaw to the left it stays level and yaw to the right it stays like that until i yaw back to the left. Has been since i bought it. Between some updates it was gone but it came back, but it isn't a concern.

Anyone ?
I think I can, but it includes a good deal of speculation: A similar subject came up with another of the axis shifts during flight and again only momentary. It is my conjecture that a parallel digital feed to the gimbal of interest (in this case the yaw gimbal) can be altered by a single conductor (of the parallel set of conductors) opening. For example if it is a four-conductor digital control signal, the most significant bit opening would cause this degree of variation (1/2 the total range) of the gimbal. This could most practically be affected by a cocked connector that allows the pin on the end of the connector to open intermittently.

Check your connectors (I honesty don't know if there is a connector that you can see for this signal - I've never looked at mine), and se if you can reseat it for a better connection. Otherwise I'm as stumped as you are.

Good luck,

Dirty Bird said:
Crazy Ivan? :eek:

Yeah could be DB.
I suspect the TK102 again as the bird passes a GSM mast and goes over to a other one.
As long as the ribbon cable doesn't snap its fine i guess.
Lucky i am not a professional filmmaker, just a hobbyist.

jonboy73 said:
there are a number of "camera tilt solved" threads on here.

Camera tilt solved ?

After a crash and bent gimbal arm, my camera would do the same except it would only happen while it was moving at speed sideways, but mostly while trying to circle around an object with yaw. Moving slowly and flying in little wind would avoid it. After a shell change and bending the gimbal arm back straight it's never done it again. I think it was due to the gimbal reaching it's maximum load much like if you push the gimbal while it's on it will cut power to the gimbal motors temporarily

Double-D said:
After a crash and bent gimbal arm, my camera would do the same except it would only happen while it was moving at speed sideways, but mostly while trying to circle around an object with yaw. Moving slowly and flying in little wind would avoid it. After a shell change and bending the gimbal arm back straight it's never done it again. I think it was due to the gimbal reaching it's maximum load much like if you push the gimbal while it's on it will cut power to the gimbal motors temporarily

I am going to debate your experience and it could well be so in your case.
There was a lot of wind that came from the left side but as you can see i never toke away the throttle nor did i change direction so if it would be the wind moving the camera it would stay in that corner. Also i have the same movement when the wind comes from the opposite direction ( the right hand side ) but was never able to catch it on film. I usually don't film unless its worth doing something afterwards with it.
The gimbal under the bird is never bend nor damaged i a crash.
I had a hard crash once into a shrubbery that ripped of the extended landing gear i installed and lucky for me it didn't even touch the camera/gimbal.
I had that tilt issue from day one, level when yaw to the left and tilted after a right yaw, i can replicate that indoors as well.

ToThePoint said:
jonboy73 said:

Camera tilt solved ?

I don't think the "camera tilt solved" thread is going to help with your issue. The thread is for cameras that are ALWAYS tilted. Your's is more of an intermittent, signal-level, gimbal controller issue.

I agree your problem is different than mine in how it came about though I would think it's a similar problem regarding the sensors reading a to high value in relation to the resistance load.

Dirty Bird said:
ToThePoint said:
jonboy73 said:

Camera tilt solved ?

I don't think the "camera tilt solved" thread is going to help with your issue. The thread is for cameras that are ALWAYS tilted. Your's is more of an intermittent, signal-level, gimbal controller issue.

Indeed it is DB.
That gimbal tilt solved thing is for camera's that are out of line with the pot in the rear on the gimbal arm.
As i would correct it like that it only would set it right on the side that isn't now but it will put it wrong on the side thats ok.
Thats why i asked the question as i couldn't see any benefit in a fix like that, but i am old and deluded, confused most of the time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl