??? Camera timed picture settings

Reaction score
I've had my P2V+ since June. I've had about 8 flights in Phantom mode since. I am taking is slow to avoid any costly mistakes,.

I set the camera for 3 shots every 3 seconds on one flight and it worked fine.

I decided to change it to 1 shot every second. I find there is no setting for it. Any thoughts?

So I choose the next best thing. 2 shots every 3? seconds I think.

Anyway I took off, and pressed the camera (not video) button on the app, and my "remaining picture" count decreased by 2. I figured all was well, completed my flight, downloaded the pix. It only took two. I tried the same thing again. Except I pressed the camera button, a few times, and each time it took only two shots. It's as if the timed shots function isn't working. I went back to the 3 shots every 3 seconds that worked at one point,and it still didn't work continuously.

I've gone over the manual several times and I can not see what I am doing wrong. Can anyone offer any help with this?

Thanks.

The 1 (single box) 3 (three boxes) and 5 (5 boxes) will take 1,3 or 5 pictures when you select them in the APP.

The Configurable Timed Capture (box with clock on it) will allow you to set an interval between shots and then how many pictures are taken at that time.

PhantomKid, tnx for the reply.

Yes, I understand that the 1,3 & 5 boxes will take 1,3 or 5 shots. My understanding is that they take the respective amount of pictures for each press of the shutter button.

My issue is with the timed capture. The one with the clock on it. I want to take 1 picture every 2 seconds (or similar) automatically, without having to press the shutter button each time I want to snap a shot. My understanding is that it is supposed to work this way. That's the purpose of "timed settings". I can set it to take pix, and then concentrate on flying the quad. It used to work and now it doesn't seem to.

Let me ask this. In timed mode, after take off, if I press the shutter button on the app, does that start the process of taking X amount of pictures every Y seconds ? What if I press it again? Does it STOP the timed capture? I guess this is part of my question.

Tnx

I just read the manual again. On my next flight I am going to take a copy of the page with me and follow it letter for letter to see if I can get to the bottom of this. I am thinking I may have hit the shutter button, twice, thus turning timed capture on and then off shortly thereafter.

Another part to this question is: In the timed capture parameter screen, the left number is the timed interval. The right number is the number of shots that are taken at each timer interval.

IE If I have 5 in the left number and 3 in the right, after I press the shutter button once, the camera will begin taking 3 shots every 5 seconds until I press the shutter button again.

What happens if I have 5 in the left number and the infinity symbol selected in the right column?

Thanks.

pjw73nh said:
What happens if I have 5 in the left number and the infinity symbol selected in the right column?

Answered my own question. It takes a single picture every 5 seconds.

That's great, I didn't know it could even do that at all. Where is the setting up menu for that feature?
Can it take auto timed stills whilst simultaneously shooting video too? It irks me that each time I want to grab a still, I have to stop the video capture then restart it resulting in discontinuous video files. I would love it to capture auto stills whilst also shooting video so I can concentrate totally on my flying instead.

Thanks

Peter.

My understanding is that you can not shoot video and stills at the same time.

The setting is in the DJ Vision app camera settings when connected to the quad.

The manual is pretty clear on this. Page 54.

You won't be able to do it any less than 3 seconds I'm guessing that's what they figure is the minimum write time for saving photos. It's even worse in RAW, every 30 seconds minimum! Which is frustrating since for whatever reason they supposedly only record altitude in raw images, not jpg. (even though I've never seen altitude recorded in my raw images).

Also, they really should remove that camera shutter effect from the live feed as it's distracting when taking photos every few seconds (unless taking a photo interrupts the live feed from hardware perspective).

pjw73nh said:
My understanding is that you can not shoot video and stills at the same time.

The setting is in the DJ Vision app camera settings when connected to the quad.

The manual is pretty clear on this. Page 54.
Thanks. I'll check that page out. I did read the manual cover to cover, but sadly some of the info didn't stick between the ears ;))
A real shame it can't grab stills whilst shooting vids! I'm sure everyone would use that. Suppose the camera image processor is simply flat out when shooting vids.

Peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.