Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Camera tilting issue.

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by NCSG, Jan 23, 2014.

1. NCSG

As I see no one has had any issues with the camera tilting, I may be the first? When I control the tilt on the app, the camera budges and I can hear the camera gears working, however it barely moves. Anyhow, I couldn't find any close up pictures of other Visions so I was hoping and would appreciate it if you guys can tell me if there's a missing screw on my camera in this picture provided below? Looks like just a gold hole but may have had something there? Thank you.
    [​IMG]

2. artsribanpot

I also have the same problem with the tilt control, not enough up and down. So I went in the Assistance app, as suggested by a person who posted a video on how to adjust the tilt. It worked, but I crashed a few times after that, my fault/not the P2V, and I notice it makes budging noise when I tried to tilt it up or down. I readjusted in the app again, and tried many numbers/amount combinations, still doesn't work. I may have to send the unit for a repair. The gears in side the vision gimbal may be damaged. Any body knows where is the best place to send it in for repair? Thank you much.

3. Pull_Up

There should definitely be a screw underneath the white plastic cover that's usually over that hole. Judging by the side of your camera it might have had a bit of contact with the ground?! Was the plastic cover in there prior to any "firm" landing?

4. Peter Evans

Mine looks nothing like that. I have a flat, white rubber cover there (or did you remove the cover?)

5. jg technology

There's supposed to be a little black screw in there!!! Where did it go???

My tilt function was sloppy due to a crash. I tightened the screw and accidentally threaded the c*nt :-( I thought my life was over...
    But I just got a fatter screw and licked the sides and drove that bad boy into the soft brass and BOOM - tilt control back to normal. The only downside the replacement screw was a smidgen longer than the original meaning I can't put the plastic cover back on.

Hopefully all these is a thing is a past with the new rotor pixel gimbal to be released :)

6. Pull_Up

As long as you can get the old screw back out again!

7. NCSG

Thanks guys! Explains it now. It appears a screw holds the gear together because when I push the camera real hard in, the tilt world fine, but without a screw it comes loose again after several tilts up and down. I didn't take anything off, I had a few hard landings but nothing crazy. Guess the cover and screw came off.

8. garygid

A picture of a proper connection might be helpful.
    Thanks, Gary

9. Pull_Up

The pdf instructions from dronexpert.nl on that gimbal's thread actually shows you how to disassemble the unit, including the screw and cover...

10. AnselA

Attached Files:

11. NCSG

Thanks for the picture. Yup mine is for sure missing that. Guess I'll just pick up a screw somewhere.

12. artsribanpot

Thank you every body for giving suggestions. I will be looking for a screw that is small to fit in.

13. iDrone

Check your DJI Spare Parts kit that came with your Vision; small plastic bag of spare screws & rubber bushings for the camera mount.

iDrone