Camera Tilt

Reaction score
Other posts have mentioned that there may be a fairly loose quality control on the accuracy of the camera\s "flatness". Mine has needed its pin reset after a crash which fixed the shaky camera thing, but now the camera has a slight tilt. Is there any way to fix that?

Try a full IMU recalibration. Its vital the the Phantom is sitting absolutely level. Don't use your eye. Use a small spirit level across the legs to get it level. Then do the recal. Worked for me. As you say its after a crash you may have a slightly bent gimbal too.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I seem to have this tilt every now and then , also have to do a advanced imu calibration to get it straight again.

I launched the PT2 app. Went to the "tools" tab. Clicked advanced, then advanced calibration. Is that what you meant? Because that does not have any effect at all on the camera gimbal.

webstereo said:
I launched the PT2 app. Went to the "tools" tab. Clicked advanced, then advanced calibration. Is that what you meant? Because that does not have any effect at all on the camera gimbal.
When I originally had the same problem I asked my friendly dealer, they contacted DJI and they gave those instructions. I just followed them and my gimbal was then level. It worked for me.

Sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

I think the plate that supports the whole gimbal - the bit that's screwed to the phantom - is a little bent on one corner. Any suggestions on how to straighten it? Can I remove those little plastic clip things without breaking them or do you have to cut them to get them off?

Actually, during the calibration the camera more or less gets straight. But by the end of the cali it's back to where it starts. Does this have to be done outside where it can see satellites?

webstereo said:
Actually, during the calibration the camera more or less gets straight. But by the end of the cali it's back to where it starts. Does this have to be done outside where it can see satellites?

The calibration is for the IMU (inertia measuring unit). This has the gyro, barometer sensors. The gyro measures the X and Y angles and calculates acceleration. If the phantom gets bumped hard enough, the sensors can go out of whack. The IMU has nothing to do with compass and GPS and therefore can be done inside. The gimbal communicates with the IMU affects the tilt.

You just need to do basic and advance IMU on a levelled X and Y surface.
And you can ignore the MC overheating warning. Its a bug DJI hasn't fixed.

webstereo said:

Its not in the app, its in the assistant.

Ok, thanks. So I've done that but it still does;t look flat. And i did measure the surface that the unit sat on before i did it too. Perhaps it's as good as it gets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20