Camera Tilt Doesn't Work After Crash - Troubleshooting Ideas

Reaction score
After a fairly nasty crash (where the camera was actually knocked off), my camera will no longer tilt. The auto-gimbal does not work, nor can I manually tilt the camera using the Vision app controls. Camera video works fine.

Any ideas or resources as to how I can troubleshoot this?

Re: Camera Tilt Doesn't Work After Crash - Troubleshooting I

Ugh.... I don't have the Vision but I imagine the hardware is damaged or jammed. You'll probably have to "operate" on it.

calphantom said:
After a fairly nasty crash (where the camera was actually knocked off), my camera will no longer tilt. The auto-gimbal does not work, nor can I manually tilt the camera using the Vision app controls. Camera video works fine.

Any ideas or resources as to how I can troubleshoot this?

I sort of had a issue like this as well after a hard landing.
What position is it in? all the way up? Is it making a loud noise like its trying to move up but bottomed out?

You can try taking the camera off the lower mount. Just remove that rubber cover on the right side (if your looking at it from front) Its one tiny screw holding it on. You will have to push the plastic gear piece out with tiny flat head screwdriver. Remove the camera but leave the cable attached to it. Turn the phantom back on If that tiny servo in there is still working it should set its self back to its default position. Just be mindful not to move that servo when pushing that plastic gear washer back into place.

Thanks for all those that replied.

After some further troubleshooting, I found that when I first reconnected the three-pin connector (power?), one of the pins on the male side bent and did not properly insert into the female end. After some screwdriver surgery, I was able to get the camera working again. It has been working fine for a couple of weeks now across multiple flights.

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20