Camera taking in to much light

Reaction score
During the day when I'm flying my camera seems to be taking in too much light. My screen is almost white due to the sun. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks
Ches

ND and Polarizing filters are what is needed. There are several threads here. I'm waiting on my set from PolarPro but some are selling the gel filters that can be placed in with the stock UV filter.

During the day when I'm flying my camera seems to be taking in too much light. My screen is almost white due to the sun. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks
Ches

You've got to set your camera settings as well. Try a lower ISO and faster shutter speed. I live in FL and we definitely have some sun. I just leave the camera on auto unless I have something specific I'd like to capture.

Reactions: Buckaye
You may simply have the exposure dialed up too high. What is the EV reading? It is near the top center. If it isn't 0, turn it down with the right dial on the RC.

Reactions: loganboyd
Rotate the wheel on the right side of the back of the controller and watch the changes in the pilot app to the under the green safe to fly. Also watch the change to what you see pictured.
And watch this entire video about pilot app camera settings very informative. (not just for the Inspire)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ND and Polarizing filters are what is needed. There are several threads here. I'm waiting on my set from PolarPro but some are selling the gel filters that can be placed in with the stock UV filter.

Perhaps, but they aren't needed to control the exposure.
I feel filters are somewhat over-rated and potentially used when no need - and can be detrimental in some situations.

Just adjust the dial on the top right until the blue EV figure on screen is around zero.

Thanks
Ches
that cant be the case if the camera is in auto mode, like mentioned before you must have used the exposure wheel. Even in the brightest sunlight the camera will use ISO100 and super fast shutterspeeds to give you a good image.

Thanks guys. I changed the settings and it is fine now. Appreciate all the quick responses.

I must've rolled the wheel by accident and caused the problem myself. Cause it had been working fine. Human error lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen