Camera stuck at 45 degree angle + app data missing

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this forum while looking for solutions. Posted on DJIguys.com forum but haven't found a solution yet. Thought I'd test the waters here too:

My camera is stuck at a 45 degree angle and i have no control over it from the app. Using the left stick on the remote makes it swing a tiny bit left or right but then it comes back to this same position. I can turn it manually with my fingers and it will sit for maybe one second and then the motor will reengage and bring it back to this same 45 degree position. The gimbal seems to work (a short flight confirmed stabilization is in tact), i just can't move it with the app. sample flight with camera "stuck": [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxJdKj_0WqU[/youtube]

I've been all over google, this forum, DJI wiki, etc. looking for insights and haven't found anything yet. So, I'm turning to you guys for some thoughts.

Being paranoid, the only thing i can think may have contributed to this is as follows:
I always put the plastic pieces back after each session (lens cap and gimbal brace). This morning i powered on the drone and forgot to remove the brace. I could see it fighting against that as it does it's normal "check" or whatever it does with the camera/gimbal when it first boots up. Is it possible that i somehow caused harm as a result of that?

A few other nuggets/clues:
- I've completed roughly 100 flights in the past month of ownership. Never had this problem.
- i have not wrecked (knock on wood).
- last time out everything was 100% fine.
- i have upgraded firmware to 3.04 (and everything else is current too)
- i have tried using the app on two different android phones just to make sure it wasn't something app specific
- the app shows the video feed and everything appears to be normal on the ground and in flight EXCEPT for the following:
**cannot adjust camera angle up or down
**the number of satellites says "0" (even though I get green lights on drone)
**the flight battery level says "0%" (even though it is charged and fine).
**no distance, speed or altitude reading show either.

Those last three things not working in the app don't make much sense to me. Maybe that will help with identifying the issue. Someone suggested that perhaps there is a 2.4ghz issue of some sort???

Again, I can see video and take pictures or record video with no problem, just missing a WHOLE lot of information in my app and unable to move the camera up or down. I would appreciate any insights you may have to offer.

Ben

So you are getting video, but no telemetry? There's something different! You need to check all of the cables and ribbons to make sure everything is tightly connected. The three cables above the gimbal base, the opposing ends inside the Phantom, the camera ribbon cables (look like black tape). Check all the internal connectors, as something may have come lose after so many flights. Inspect your ribbon cables carefully for any tears or cracks, and be careful with them.

The 45 degree angle is normal for the gimbal until you change the angle with the on screen buttons in the app.
If you try to move it manually, it will return to where is was, as you saw.

Can you post a screenshot of the app screen?
Do you still have the camera control up/down buttons?

This is just a guess, and you probably already know this but I'll throw it out there anyway ....
If you can see the video from the camera but can't see the distance, altitude and speed indicators, you probably hit the button to turn them off.
That button also removes the camera angle controls as you can see below. Tap the button circled in red to get the data and buttons back.

As for why the Satellites and Battery data are missing, I couldn't guess except that it's probably either a loose cable as DB suggested above, or a malfunction in the internal WiFi module.
It's very unusual though to have the picture show and not the data. It's usually the other way around because the flight telemetry data comes from the Naza controller, not the camera and the camera is usually the problem.

Attachments

• IMG_0158.PNG
    IMG_0158.PNG
    148.2 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0159.PNG
    IMG_0159.PNG
    121.3 KB · Views: 482
I have the same problem now. My camera is stuck at 45 degrees and can't be back to normal so how did anyone find a solution and a reason behind that please. Need help by steps. Thanks.

Similar problem. At boot, it goes to 45 degree angle, which it never did before. If I tap it down the camera rights itself. If I retap it down, or up, it rights itself. See attached video

Attachments

• 20170121_110708.jpg
    20170121_110708.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 316

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31