Camera Status LED Indicator

Reaction score
I've been going through the manual and the GO4 app for my new P4P trying to familiarize myself with all the features and functions before I send it up for its first flight. I've been flying the flight simulator and I shot a JPEG of myself while trying out different functions so I know the camera is working properly.

My question is, on Page 46 of my manual there is a chart of the different light colors and their meanings for the camera status LED indicator, but I can't figure out where this LED is located. Is it on the camera/gimbal assembly, on the RC, or in the GO4 app? The camera button in the app always seems to be grey.

Thanks for your help,

Ed

Reactions: davideo0
I've been going through the manual and the GO4 app for my new P4P trying to familiarize myself with all the features and functions before I send it up for its first flight. I've been flying the flight simulator and I shot a JPEG of myself while trying out different functions so I know the camera is working properly.

My question is, on Page 46 of my manual there is a chart of the different light colors and their meanings for the camera status LED indicator, but I can't figure out where this LED is located. Is it on the camera/gimbal assembly, on the RC, or in the GO4 app? The camera button in the app always seems to be grey.

Thanks for your help,

Ed
Well, Wyoflyer, like you I can find no evidence of a camera LED on my Phantom 4 pro. The appropriate page in my manual is 45. As your original post is now 3 months old, I can only assume that dozens of people are still searching for it or have given up the search. It is puzzling that several people on this forum refer to the "camera LED" but for the life of me I cannot find it. It's probably my age but for heaven's sake will someone tell us where to find this elusive LED?

DUH! in the 25 minutes since my original post I've answered my own question, I think.
For future myopics, page 8 of the manual refers to an item 11 under "Aircraft diagram" as "Camera/Linking status indicator and link button". We should have known they meant "Camera LED"!
Am I wrong?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl