Camera Stabilzer Problem

Reaction score
I am an experienced P4, P3P, and Mavic pilot, and I had an interesting problem today with my P4. I just flew a nice 18+ minute flight (temp was about 35 - 40 F, light winds) with my P4. Toward the end of my flight, I was hovering about 400 ft AGL. All of the sudden, the camera started moving around in an unstable fashion (and not in any particular axis). Initially, I thought I was in the process of crashing (which would have been weird since I was in line of sight and completely clear of obstacles). The P4 aircraft itself was totally stable. I immediately landed uneventfully.

The camera gimbal was pretty limp (even though the drone was still on). I tried hitting the C1 button (which I have set to make the camera look straight down and back), and the function would not work.

I powered off the P4, and restarted it. The camera/gimbal went through its normal boot up, and it appeared to be fine, including the C1 function. I flew it again, and everything is working perfectly.

I uploaded the flights to Healthy Drones, and there were no problems whatsoever. Also, my P4 has never been in any kind of crash at all, and I purchased it new. Battery is also perfect.

Any thoughts? My gut feeling is to not send it in for DJI to look at as long as it continues to work fine. Any reason to send it in now? Thanks in advance for your input!

-gumby

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I am an experienced P4, P3P, and Mavic pilot, and I had an interesting problem today with my P4. I just flew a nice 18+ minute flight (temp was about 35 - 40 F, light winds) with my P4. Toward the end of my flight, I was hovering about 400 ft AGL. All of the sudden, the camera started moving around in an unstable fashion (and not in any particular axis). Initially, I thought I was in the process of crashing (which would have been weird since I was in line of sight and completely clear of obstacles). The P4 aircraft itself was totally stable. I immediately landed uneventfully.

The camera gimbal was pretty limp (even though the drone was still on). I tried hitting the C1 button (which I have set to make the camera look straight down and back), and the function would not work.

I powered off the P4, and restarted it. The camera/gimbal went through its normal boot up, and it appeared to be fine, including the C1 function. I flew it again, and everything is working perfectly.

I uploaded the flights to Healthy Drones, and there were no problems whatsoever. Also, my P4 has never been in any kind of crash at all, and I purchased it new. Battery is also perfect.

Any thoughts? My gut feeling is to not send it in for DJI to look at as long as it continues to work fine. Any reason to send it in now? Thanks in advance for your input!

-gumby

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Happened to me twice 4 days ago and yesterday. same excact thing, mid flight no wind flying for about 5 mins. No control on tilt and c1 brought it down and cycle it and it was fine. Did a gimbal calibration and test flite it working properly. That's the first time. Second time was yesterday flying about 50ft just giving for 4 min and tilting the camera slightly after moving to the right a little went limp tilted to the left upwards no controls with the camera but has video feed. Took it down and cycle the craft now it's fine again. I think it probably a firmware issue. This it the first time I experienced this since I had my p4 for about a year now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj