Camera software

Reaction score
Hello,
I am very new to the PV2 (About 6 hours flying time!)
I have very few complaints on the whole - however I really dislike the 'fish-eye' effect on the camera.
I have tried to find the Adobe software update that I read about online to fix this but can't find it and frankly have no idea how to install it once I do actually find it.
Is there a possibility that someone could point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks,
Andy

Andy,

It is part of 'Bridge' in Photoshop CS6 (which is very expensive) and also in 'Lightroom' which is mcuh cheaper, but both are really aimed at professional photographers rather than film makers. If you are just doing video then have a look at FCP effects which do something similar, but theirs is a plug-in that works inside various video editing suites.

B

The fisheye keeps the video from jumping around. If you use a standard lens, you better have a stable mount. Plus the depth of field is best in the fish eye camera lens.

It's a tradeoff.
but yes, the wider the lens, the less noticeable the vibrations will be.

You can remove the fish-eye in video using GoPro Cineform now, it's free too.

Phantasmic said:
BobW said:
Plus the depth of field is best in the fish eye camera lens.

Best compared to what?

This a fixed lens. The fisheye is unrelated to the fixed depth of field.

That's sort of why GoPro's "work" so well, the ultra-wide angle lenses have ridiculously large depth of field.

but you're right, no matter what mode you're shooting in, it's still the same fixed wide angle lens, and there's no difference in depth of field between shooting Narrow, Medium or Wide.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1