Camera signal intermittent help

Reaction score
Ok, and I thought we finally had this working...

We got our PV and right out of the box it acted odd. We installed the app (Galaxy S3, app version 1.034) and the phone showed the pic from the PV but when we used the app to move the camera, well, the camera moved but the picture on the phone did not!

All it had was a still image. If we turn everything off and reconnect, sometimes a few times, eventually we can usually get it to work. But this can take 10-15 minutes and frankly kinda takes the joy out of this machine.

Interestingly we have also had times where we connect the phone app to the PV (connects well, solid green on the face page of the app) and the camera icon will not turn to black. Instead, it stays gray. Thus we cannot even activate the camera to see what's on the screen.

This sounds like some sort of loose connection within the camera? Everything else works as it is supposed to.

Also tried using it on our Galaxy Tab 3, same problem. Have app version 1.036 on that one.

Thank you!

Have you eliminated the possibility of major WiFi interference in the area?

I've had the camera picture on my iPhone 5 freeze a couple of times although all the other info was still live. Solution was to reboot the iPhone [I tried rebooting the P2V, Tx and repeater earlier but that didn't work]

We live in a city and there are definitely wifi signals around including my house. Do I need to drive out if town? Not being sarcastic just asking.

and the app is connected to the pv wifi the whole time, at least per what the settings show me. Connection does break when flying sometimes but that is a whole separate challenge for a separate thread.

Celt in Siam....thanks and will try that next.

There is a DJI-Vision v36, but I do not know if it would be any
better than the v34 that you are using.

In case the Android device is a bit short of processing speed,
try reducing the preview format down to 320 x 240 at 15 fps.
That helped my Kyocera eVent phone a lot, although it
still froze, as I recall. So, there is still the possibility of a
bug in the DJI-Vision code.

Get the free WiFi Analyzer app for Android and use it
to check the WiFi signal strengths and channel overlaps
that might be causing interference at any site.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl