Camera shudder P3A

Reaction score
hey guys,

I seem to be having a bit of camera shudder with the P3A that I've just bought. I've only done a few tests so far, however it seems to be a bit erratic at times when holding its place. Note that there is very low wind when I've done my testing and also I have been using BTG carbon fiber propellers on both drones. I've been using the P3S originally and there didn't seem to be a problem. Perhaps it is the extra weight with the Advanced and the carbon fiber combination?

/Iain

This is a known issue with one of the newer firmwares, i think the 1.5.0030 or maybe it was 1.4. Either way updating the firmware on my P3P to 1.6.00.40 has fixed the issue for me

This is a known issue with one of the newer firmwares, i think the 1.5.0030 or maybe it was 1.4. Either way updating the firmware on my P3P to 1.6.00.40 has fixed the issue for me

My apologies forgot to mention I am on 1.6.00.40

try downgrading the firmware to 1.5 and then see if it is still apparent, then upgrade back to 1.6

When you say 'shudder' what exactly are you talking about? If you mean a periodic vibration that occurred after switching propellers, the answer is that it is most likely due to unbalanced propellers. If you have an RPM dependent vibration after 'upgrading' the firmware, then the issue is likely due to an interaction between the 1.6 firmware and older motors (or possibly bad karma, sunspots, aliens or your tax bill).

try switching to the stock props and see if the problem goes away.

I have seen what I believe he means by "shudder". It is like the bottom gimbal plate and camera shake like it is having a seizure. I noticed it on mine when I was hand catching my P3P and the camera was eye level. It shakes, then stops, then shakes, then stops. It would most likely not be vibration transferred from the props because the bottom gimbal is isolated from the quad with the white dampeners. I believe it is the gimbal motors behaving erratically. As I said before, once I updated my firmware the issue was gone.

Similar to this 'jello' shaking type. It's as if the whole gimbal mountain is rattling more than necessary. Here's my sample video.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here is another sample I found on youtube - but more severe than mine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Using the stock propellers seemed to have sorted the problem. I believe one of the carbon propellers doesn't screw all the way down and that seems to be throwing it off. Good to know it was nothing serious!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan