Camera short out pcb?

Reaction score
So I bought a used pcb with motors attached to it to put in a drone I bought second hand. (Should have just bought a good working drone but I'm a tinker Todd) I also bought a used camera that was "supposed to be working". Anyway I hooked the board up and connected it to my RC and everything was working good it even connected to djigo (no image of course). After I got all of this put together I figured I would hook up the camera and see how it worked. Well this messed everything up. The wiring that connects the camera to the front of the pcb got hot like it was shorted. I immediately pulled the battery from the drone. Now all I get from the drone is self checking lights and then it goes critical error. I assume that I burned up a good pcb. But could the camera be the cause? Is there any way to test the camera without plugging it into another board? I'm hoping that the wiring going from the camera to the main board was the issue.

So I bought a used pcb with motors attached to it to put in a drone I bought second hand. (Should have just bought a good working drone but I'm a tinker Todd) I also bought a used camera that was "supposed to be working". Anyway I hooked the board up and connected it to my RC and everything was working good it even connected to djigo (no image of course). After I got all of this put together I figured I would hook up the camera and see how it worked. Well this messed everything up. The wiring that connects the camera to the front of the pcb got hot like it was shorted. I immediately pulled the battery from the drone. Now all I get from the drone is self checking lights and then it goes critical error. I assume that I burned up a good pcb. But could the camera be the cause? Is there any way to test the camera without plugging it into another board? I'm hoping that the wiring going from the camera to the main board was the issue.
Did you connect a P34K camera to a P3P or a P3A? I ask because they are not compatible and we have seen several threads here from people who have done this and noted hot, melting, smoking wires.

Reactions: quaddamage
SOB it's for the 4K wifi.... I just looked at the sticker on the camera. Great I'll bet I ruined a camera and the pcb

Attachments

• IMG_2545.PNG
    IMG_2545.PNG
    844.7 KB · Views: 321
I'll bet I ruined a camera and the pcb
In one of the other threads about a meltdown after connecting a P34K camera to a P3P or P3A, I seem to recall that his lightbridge module was also burned out once all of the smoke cleared.
In your case, you may have disconnected your battery fast enough to limit the damage.
Fingers are crossed.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic