Camera Setup

Reaction score
Question:
:?: I have is the first time I seen a Phantom I wanted one. If I buy the FC40 with a FPV camera will I be happy with the picture and movie quality or should I get one with the GoPro silver camera? I do not want to spend a lot of money buying the P2 but I would like to have decent aerial pictures and movies.
I am open to suggestions in what accessories I would need for the FC40
posting.php?mode=post&f=20#

Plenty of videos on Youtube for video quality of the FC40 camera.

You can make up your decision based on this and several reviews on Youtube.

I bought Gimbal and will eventually buy a GoPro.

The FC40 camera will be FPV once I do this.

What level of micro SD cards are appropriate for the stock camera on the FC-40? They come in "ultra" and "extreme" levels. Is there any difference in picture quality between these two choices? Thanks

I'm using a 2GB microSD in my FC40 but don't know what level it is. Seems to be plenty large capacity wise.
My suggestion would be to go with the FC40 initially to keep your investment to a minimum especially if this is your first quad.
That will give you a feel for the aerial video and photo with only a $20 camera investment. Next step is to invest in a GoPro or equivalent and a gimbal then or later. You can continue to use the $20 camera for cheap FPV as others have done.
If you are learning like me there will be some incidents of "pilot error" that don't hurt as bad with a $500 investment compared to a $1000 investment.

I got a class 10 sd card as the lower classes were making the camera act goofy. As for the quality of the FC40 camera it's surprisingly good as it's a small camera but takes decent video for what it is.

I bought the fc40 because I don't have a gopro yet, and didn't want to put all the money out at once for one. I'll prob get a gopro and a basic anti jello mount down the line, then maybe a gimbal. Right now the next thing I'm going for is more batteries and another charger.

If you have money for phantom and go pro, do that.

And with the fc40 now at $419 at b&h and amazon, it's a pretty good place to start. You'll want to upgrade the camera, but you don't have to get it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic