Camera settings

Reaction score
Hi all I would like to take some stills of a large country house can you please advise the best settings to get great results? Many thanks Andy

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

All of them !!

There are no "correct" camera settings. It all depends on what YOU think looks good.
If you just want a well exposed picture, set to automatic. But I would encourage you to experiment with ISO, shutter speed, etc and put your own flair to your photos, Have fun !!

No one can give you optimum settings for this as it totally depends on the conditions. However, as long as you stick to 100 ISO (for the least noise) and a shutter speed fast enough not to get any motion blur, you'll be fine. In low light motion blur is a little more difficult to handle. Shoot the house with the sun behind the bird, unless you're going for arty lens flare type shots. Bracket the exposures and shoot exclusively in RAW so you have more room to adjust the file in post.

Reactions: Falcon900
Enable histogram and over exposure warning, save yourself the potential dissapointment of learning you have blown highlights when you get to process. Shoot raw. Consider bracketing for later bkending or HDR if you have a wide dynamic range to deal with. Take multiple shots if you are shooting in low light so you can stack and and do a median merge to remove noise from higher iso. Consider flying in closer and shoot a couple of panos to give you larger final image (more pixels).

Reactions: Falcon900

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4