Camera settings and record mode

Reaction score
I just got an iPad Air 2. I was using a Samsung Galaxy S5. BIG difference!

Being new to this I was wondering should I record videos in MP4 or MOV?

Also, cached videos and pics are low quality...correct?

And I could access the sdcard while in the bird with my Android USB cable. How do I do this with my iPad?

ON EDIT...I found I can use the app to download pics and videos but it's slow. I'm guessing there's a cable or adapter for the ipad that will work to attach to the bird directly?

Last edited:
Being new to this I was wondering should I record videos in MP4 or MOV?
Also, cached videos and pics are low quality...correct?
There is no difference in quality with .mov or .mp4.
Some Apple software prefers .mov but if your software also handles .mp4, then it won't matter which you use.
Cached videos are much lower quality and subject to whatever was in the air. The SD card video is straight from the camera.
Bulling the SD card and using an adapter is much faster and simpler than transfering via the cable.

Reactions: SHRED
Congratulations on going to the Apple side with GO. Now you can take that Samsung Android garbage outside and put it in the street and drive over it! :D

Fwiw, I keep playing with the two Samsung's of mine with each new Android GO 4 version to see if they will work, unfortunately they just seem to get worse. Reminds me how stupid I was to go there to begin with trying to save some coin than going to Apple, but in learning I was losing big time overall in coin and frustration. DJI should give up on Android, imho, and their world would run a lot smoother. ;)

Also, there are two mini-USB cables out there: A data and a charging one. The charging one has the center pair tied so all that goes out is the charging voltage. The data has all connections provided. Some of the better USB data cables have the USB symbol on the ends identifying them as data and not charging only.

Reactions: SHRED

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan