Camera Settings - 60HZ

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have seen some exposure flickering on my camera lately... I was hoping to change some settings around and wanted to get some feedback.

My current settings are:

1080p 30
ISO - 200 - I JUST CHANGED THIS TODAY
White Balance - Sunny - I JUST CHANGED THIS TODAY
Exposure Metering - Average - I JUST CHANGED THIS TODAY
Compensation - 0
Sharpness - Soft
Anti-flicker - Auto

I am using only the video and filming golf course holes. I actually speed the video on my editing program 2x in efforts not to make the video boring. All video are uploaded to youtube so for accessibility.

1. I was wondering if I should change the recording to 720 or 60 frames per second would more more optimal for my use?
2. The iso i set to 200 instead of auto because most time I a filming day time.. maybe I should do 100?
3. White balance - Day time / sunny shooting only - so maybe the flickering is bc the auto is going back and forth?
4. Exposure - I think this was the MAIN problem - hoping Average will solve this.
5. Anti-flicker - Should I change to 50 or 60Hz? Not much documentation on this.

Thanks,
-O

I see the prop shadow alright at 2:13 but I cant see anything at 3:20. Normally when uploaded to youtube it can dissappear but you can still see it on your Raw file? So if the videos are going to be on youtube you should be fine.
I always record at 1080p 30fps
I keep mostly on auto settings except I might change exposure depending on lighting conditions.
If its very sunny I normally find iso 100 best but thats a personal preference.
I always keep sharpness on standard as this is by far the best setting, soft is way too soft and blurry and hard is way too noisy.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20