Camera Setting Issue...

Reaction score
Okay can someone help me with this camera setting? the issue im having is my camera setting looks good as long keep the cam pointed downward but if I want to angle cam upward and skylight get in cam view it darkens my pic/recording thus making my recording go from light to dark depending on how I angle cam. What setting on the cam can i use to stop this from happening?

Okay can someone help me with this camera setting? the issue im having is my camera setting looks good as long keep the cam pointed downward but if I want to angle cam upward and skylight get in cam view it darkens my pic/recording thus making my recording go from light to dark depending on how I angle cam. What setting on the cam can i use to stop this from happening?

You are using automatic exposure. You need to use Manual exposure to gain control of it.

Here's what is happening. Your camera is looking for an 'average' exposure from what it sees. So, if you are looking at something that is mostly gray or dark, your camera changes to make that look right. But, when you point up towards the bright sky, the camera does not KNOW that the sky is supposed to be bright, so it averages that back into the overall frame and adjusts the exposure DOWN, making the lower part of the frame much darker than it was.

Make sense? Go to MANUAL mode and learn how to set all of the camera settings for yourself. Hint... do NOT set the aperture to anything over 5.6 or you will start to lose sharpness.

Yes that makes sense do you have a recommendation on a good manual setting to try?

There is no single setting when you use manual mode. ! would set the f/stop to 5.6 and the iso to a low setting and the shutter speed would be adjusted to get a good exposure. Turn on the overexposure warning to help you get a handle on it. You will need to learn how to do this. The auto exposure stuff is never going to give you the best image, IMHO, as you have learned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31