Camera seems tilted

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 4 so please forgive me if this is a simple issue.

It seems that the camera is not properly level on the horizon. It seems to be tilted just a little to left.

I've looked through the menu but don't see way to calibrate it?

Any advice would be great. Thank you!

This may sound a little crazy but are you sure that you removed all of the packing material from the gimbal? I had the same problem and found that I had missed a small piece of foam at the top of the gimbal right where it attaches to the body of the craft.

Good luck and enjoy your new craft!

It seems that the camera is not properly level on the horizon. It seems to be tilted just a little to left.

Here you go....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

After the latest firmware update my camera seems to be tilted to the left of your flying forward....never had this problem before.....seems to be a drag if I need to adjust the camera every time I take flight.

It IS a simple issue, but a complex one:(

The tools that DJI has given us to fix the problem (in app calibrations, leveling with remote control) SHOULD fix the problem, but just know that if you try everything and it still isn't level that this (lucky for you) is a problem that only DJI can fix. Many other have had the horizon issue and we're waiting to see if firmware updates will fix it or if we have to cave and send it in. Good luck!

Here's a YouTube Video from some guy that captured a lot screen grabs from P3 and P4 videos that he found posted online:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The tilted horizon is an issue. Apparently it can be fixed by returning it to DJI, (or the place you bought it from if the time you've owned it is within their return window).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic