Camera SD Card date & Time

Reaction score
Okay, time for a laugh. When I got my Phantom 2 Vision+ back from the repair shop, I, naturally, made a flight and recorded a video. When I went to view it, I noticed that the date was 12/31/2007 11:02 PM. The flight was made on 8/4/2016 3:30 PM. So, I whipped out the user manual (Some of us actually read it) and could not find anything on setting the date & time. So, I fired up the drone and mobile device using the DJI Vision app, and could not find anyway to set the date & time of the camera. I then switched to the Litche-for-P2 app and, again, cold not find any reference to setting the date & time. I did reformat the SD card, thinking it might ask me for the date & time, but it did not. I have not flown again to see if the date & time were set automatically, due to other pressing requirements. So, I freely admit I am an old fart who is struggling to keep up with the rapid advance of technology, but, really, shouldn't the setting of the date & time be mentioned somewhere?

I know there thousands of guys on this forum who are smarter than me (if not hundreds of thousands) who know how to do this simple thing and are itching to comment on my intelligence and competency. Let me have it, but tell me how to set the **** time and date! Thanks.

Okay, time for a laugh. When I got my Phantom 2 Vision+ back from the repair shop, I, naturally, made a flight and recorded a video. When I went to view it, I noticed that the date was 12/31/2007 11:02 PM. The flight was made on 8/4/2016 3:30 PM. So, I whipped out the user manual (Some of us actually read it) and could not find anything on setting the date & time. So, I fired up the drone and mobile device using the DJI Vision app, and could not find anyway to set the date & time of the camera. I then switched to the Litche-for-P2 app and, again, cold not find any reference to setting the date & time. I did reformat the SD card, thinking it might ask me for the date & time, but it did not. I have not flown again to see if the date & time were set automatically, due to other pressing requirements. So, I freely admit I am an old fart who is struggling to keep up with the rapid advance of technology, but, really, shouldn't the setting of the date & time be mentioned somewhere?

I know there thousands of guys on this forum who are smarter than me (if not hundreds of thousands) who know how to do this simple thing and are itching to comment on my intelligence and competency. Let me have it, but tell me how to set the **** time and date! Thanks.
Record a few more videos and see if the problem persists. Might have been because it was your first flight after factory reset? The timestamp comes from the GPS, so you can't manually set it.

I would plug your aircraft into your desktop or whatever with a usb cable. Bring up Phantom Assistant. I think this will force-correct the bad date and time on your aircraft so that next time your camera creates a file on your SD card, it will show the correct date. Give it a try.

Reactions: Traveler
Just another option to the PC, it will likely sync too if you can connect the camera to iOS or to Android you use with the RC.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Record a few more videos and see if the problem persists. Might have been because it was your first flight after factory reset? The timestamp comes from the GPS, so you can't manually set it.
Exactly right. Thanks.to all who answered.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20