Camera Ribbon Cable raplacement

Boundless said:
because it's 4mm wide and it has 24 ribbons inside... (cheked under the microscope).

I think if you look my picture above there is around 50 circuits in that cable. Half split off in the middle of the gimbal and the rest to to the bottom of it.

How much is a used black ribbon cable? If the price is right I may sell the I have.

fastsmiles said:
M.Tiglaar, maybe you could get one of the members with a broken ribbon cable to donate it to you. You could send it to have it copied.

Yes I wil do that if they ask me Fastsmiles :cool:
But I think they go search for the factory ;)

rrmccabe said:
Double-D said:
Interesting. That connector did look tiny, though I thought it would just pop off much like the cables in a smart phone. Maybe not.
Thanks for the reply :)

The cable is adhered to the board. I dont know if once you got it loose it would pull from the connector. I might add it was WELL adhered.

Oh that? Pretty easy to remove. I didn't have any issue removing it. Just lift up that beige flap and you're good to go to remove it. Can't remember if mine was really "adhered" or not but certainly wasn't a memorable difficulty removing it.

Yea mine was absolutely stuck down.

We must stop breaking these ribbons. The servo and ribbon cable are designed to fail. They must have very few engineers in China. Look at the lighting that is your only source of status information. All lights are 6 inches off the ground and facing the ground. They couldn't put 1 led out the top? This is a good plan if the customer is less than 6 inches tall but most of us are somewhat taller. I love the concept of the Phantom 2 plus but the reality is less attractive. Too many crashes for no good reason. A 10 minute flight ends by a nosedive for no reason. Put on new prop and it flies on the same battery for another 10 minutes, this time without a problem. Go figure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31