camera removal

Reaction score
Need a little help removing camera. I got to where I need to remove a gray and black wire and am stuck. Any help is appreciated. Aircraft is phantom3 standard

Attachments

• 1450841053346-547367072.jpg
    1450841053346-547367072.jpg
    717.4 KB · Views: 476
take camera lose from the drone, there are 4 small screws on the top, they hold on 2 access doors. Those wires are attached right inside those doors. You'll need tweezers to unplug the terminals, and then you can slide the wires out through those slots in the top of the gimbal. Take a small flat blade and push in on the long plug to unlock it. You can slide it out after that.

Thanks, do you think the crack in the absorber board that is glued would cause the camera to act up.. I don't want to rip the camera and gimbal apart if it's the absorber, I will just wait for the replacement to come in,l.

Thanks, do you think the crack in the absorber board that is glued would cause the camera to act up.. I don't want to rip the camera and gimbal apart if it's the absorber, I will just wait for the replacement to come in,l.
I'm not sure what an absorber board is. Are you talking about the board inside with all the electronic stuff on it?

No. it's the x shaped plate on the belly of aircraft, that the gimbal mounts to.

No. it's the x shaped plate on the belly of aircraft, that the gimbal mounts to.
That should have nothing to do with the camera operation. If you glued, soldered, etc it back together. I believe your horizon was knocked off in the crash. The half moon shaft I was talking about.

Ok. I have read similar problems with "gimbal motor overload " warning and crazy camera as a result of the shaft you mentioned.. I will see if that's my problem. Thanks.

Flat part of shaft faces up, as does the plastic ring it fits through. Don't know why, since they both rotate, but I know it has to start that way.

I've looked at about every video about gimbal. I haven't found one explaining how to fix the half moon shaft or even how to get to it.. i have camera removed frof phantom now i am lost again.

this is the cover you take off. Only 5 screws. electronic panel with the shaft is right inside.

Attachments

• 20151223_165905.jpg
    20151223_165905.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 357
I looked in that and lifted that board out . I did see the shaft, but really don't know what I'm looking for, nothing looks damaged

It wont looked damaged. When the copter took the jolt, the shaft may have become misaligned with the board. As long as the shaft has the flat spot pointing straight up, and the board is the same, it is probably something else. But mine got out of whack just flyin it. If none of this works, there's a guy named "hunch" on here, he works on gimbals, and he's quicker than dji.

I found the video. He;s working on a vision 2, but its the same for the standard.

e

It's not 200-300$ for a cable either. 35-50 bucks, a ***** to put on, but not that expensive.

Last edited:
So I looked at that shaft, but how to I know if it's misaligned, it moves when the camera moves

Attachments

• 1450986949570-1316599882.jpg
    1450986949570-1316599882.jpg
    611.9 KB · Views: 399
If your camera was knocked off at the magnetic joint in the crash, it may be out of alignment. Hold the camera level with the horizon, the gimbal being level just like it was on the drone. With the logic board exsposed, look at the half moon shape of the shaft. Is it pointing straight up? This is without the logic board installed. If it isn't, it should be. When you get it on top, look at the logic board, is the pocket the shaft goes in facing the same way? It should be.

It looks ok
I would suggest talking to Hunch then. I have worked on mine, but the difference is my is here, and I can see it. Yours is there, so I'm clueless as to what happened to it.

Oi amigos, minha cam não tem imagem, start and stop, what the problem???

Attachments

• 5efff889-fa93-4c11-8bd2-f6d659893c70.jpg
    5efff889-fa93-4c11-8bd2-f6d659893c70.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 311

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20