Camera removal from a Phantom 2 Vision+

Reaction score
I have given up getting my Vision plus camera to work all the time, its ok as i got the bird 2nd hand and crashed so got a great deal. that said i have my go-pro mounted in a fixed mount but... on start up and all the time the bird is powered up i get a light sequence of 6 super fast blinking read lights that repeat after the normal green light sequence. on the time i have had the camera working these done appear so i assume this is the "general warning" that the camera is not connected.
My question is... is there a way i can tell the bird there is no camera (that i knows of) attached to it so i can get rid of these lights? the issues is red flashing lights are a normal when i fly and I'm going to miss real warning lights should they come up.

Thanks
Dave

sorry if i was not clear. i get a set of red super fast blinks that go 6x. if i attache the camera it does not happen and i get all green lights.

the issue with the camera is its not very robust. i have fixed it and now after a tough landing its broken again and being flixed by a professional (so more cost) i can beat the living snot out of the go-pros on a fixed mount so have ended up thinking i'll use them. i dont get FPV but at least i get to use my drone.

What im looking for is a way to turn off the red blinking error lights when the camera is not attached.

I'll post some video.
Thanks
Dave

have you plugged it in to the assistant ?
camera not fitted does not normally effect the led patterns
maybe @hunch can throw some light this way
yep. i have plugged it in and run all the software updates. the assistant does not, that i can see anyway, have any camera setting in it. from what i can tell it has no idea if the camera is attached or not. the only change from having the camera and not is the red lghts.

Normally on powering up it does a self diagnostics and if it fails the red blinking lights show up.

Thanks RoyVa, is there any way to find out what the error is? in the DJI software everything looks ok. no errors or anything that i can see. Thanks, Dave

Put it on a cardboard box - could be rebar/magnetic interference below you.
If that fails, get a laptop and do it in the field.
Could be airport close by...

If you are mechanically minded, you can always take the cover off and redirect the wifi module back into the cam port. What does this do? It powers up the wifi module and gives you telemetry and any warnings that pop up in the DJI vision app.
Here is the rabbit trail if you want to go down that hole...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4