Camera Question

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am a UK newbie who has just started flying the P2V and wondering if there is a setting on the camera which I haven't found yet which takes away the pronounced curvature of the horizon that you get when you gain altitude shots ? Does it lessen if you reduce the widescreen capture ? Talking of video here mainly, not so worried about photos. I'm guessing that's just the nature of the camera ?

Cheers

pyrophantom said:
Hi Guys

I am a UK newbie who has just started flying the P2V and wondering if there is a setting on the camera which I haven't found yet which takes away the pronounced curvature of the horizon that you get when you gain altitude shots ? Does it lessen if you reduce the widescreen capture ? Talking of video here mainly, not so worried about photos. I'm guessing that's just the nature of the camera ?

Cheers
Yes, the camera has a fixed-focus ultra-wide-angle fisheye lens - same as GoPro and most other small "action" cameras. With Video you can shoot at a smaller Field Of View (FOV) if are using 1080p or 1080i settings: 90°, 120°, or the default 140° FOV. See the Video Resolution Settings in the user manual. The center portion of the lens has less curvature than the outer portions, so the smaller FOV will lessen the distortion. Likewise, you could also make the horizon less curved just by placing it in the center of your picture, rather than along an edge.

For still pictures, the camera always shoots at full width (4384 pixels) but of course you can always crop them later.

Hello and welcome!

If you are an Adobe products user then you can import the video into Photoshop, make it a "smart object" and apply the Adobe DJI Lens Profile correction to it, then export it in a lossless format to your editor of choice.

NB I'm not an Adobe user, so that's the end of my expertise! Have a search around these parts, though, there are threads discussing ways to remove the fisheye from video.

Cheers guys and thanks for the replies about choosing narrower field of vision, and no I don't use adobe as will be processing the video through powerdirector 11 which also does allow some modification to the footage, but lots to learn as I'd suspected.

Cheers guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31