Camera protector

I am also intrested in this

I second on the uav bits. I have the inertia and carbon fiber camera guard on.
Last night I was flying a bit close to my garage(Its cold and I was at door edge). I pushed when I shoulda pulled or somethingbut quickly my vision hits door edge , things fly and it drops to pavement about 4 feet.
End result : really beat aluminum door trim, 2 totally destroyed blades, and battery on ground with lights still on.

turned off battery brought inside and tested , did major recalibration etc and its perfectly fine. that 35 bucks for both may have paid for itself already!

robsquad said:
id be worried it would actually damage the ribbon when it come off

Bingo you hit the nail on the head there I fly near and around lots of trees and last thing I want is to damage the gimbal in a crash due to a clipping of a limb

Killer RC Gimbal Guard works to keep the camera parts together. Thanks to the 3.10 firmware upgrade I just had a major full speed-to-the-ground crash from 20ft up, multiple cartwheels onto the grass field (thankfully grass), battery pops out with a broken casing, cracked in half a brand new carbon-reinforced prop, broken screw-mount for one of the shell arms. Damage to camera? A slight bend in the backplate of the mount (where the gimbal guard attaches), without the guard it would have completely separated from the motor. A little metal forming on the backplate, good as new.

Attachments

• Killer RC Gimbal Gd.jpg
    Killer RC Gimbal Gd.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 515
knowonecares, if you haven't done so already, you should post a thread about your "3.10 Firmware Crash".

flyNfrank said:
knowonecares, if you haven't done so already, you should post a thread about your "3.10 Firmware Crash".

Good idea, Frank. When I do my next flight I'll post that thread. I'm not ready to state it is entirely firmware related, but it leads in that direction. BTW your posts and info are exactly what new RC hobbyists need, thanks for your insight.

That product won't work. I bought one designed by Jim Bowers, AKA Demonseed, and is available at Acesdeals.biz. The idea is not to protect the ribbon but to keep the camera from separating on impact.

I have this "inertia Guard" from uavbits.
Ingenious design, high quality, light, and nearly invisible.

$7.95

Attachments

• 0000InertiaGuard.jpg
    0000InertiaGuard.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 269

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member