Camera protection

Reaction score
Hello.

Has anyone tried the camera protection plate offered by UAVbits.net? Pros/Cons?

I am picking up a P2 V+ 3.0, after months of flights with my FC40 and F550 and want to ensure that the camera is protected as other than flyaways, many concerns have been raised about how fragile the P+ Camera is.

I have their carbon fiber camera guard. It fits, seems strong, gives you a place to mount things like a tile , should protect the camera and gimbal.

I have both the CF underneath guard and the plastic gimble guard for the camera. Excellent and well made, as well as looks cool and well worth the $. Cant speak to their worthiness as (thank you) haven't had a crash yet!!! I also bought the lens guard and the filter package. They totally eliminate the jello effect

I had both the camera guard, and the inertia guard on during my recent crash. Wasn't a bad crash, but the camera made it out fine. They are currently for sale in the classifieds section since I decided to get rid of the phantom.

I had a small incident with some tree limbs, my phantom fell and bounced of the top of a truck to the ground. I had the CF Guard and the Inertia Guard on and my camera and gimbal survived. For that matter the whole phantom survived, not even a broken prop. I fear I would of suffered much greater damage had I not had the guards on.

eyecon82, that's the first time hearing that one. My Phantom seems to fly just fine with it attached.

Prylar Bek said:
They totally eliminate the jello effect

That's interesting! The ND filter they sell eliminates Jello? Or another filter? Either way - cool!

I used the Medium filter in the bag and want to 1080 60...no jello

I've got the CF one and thought they might ad to much drag... So I did some vertical speed tests, just going to 100ft (I was doing the tests anyway to compare against new motors) and having the guard on made no diff.

eyecon82 said:
I've heard that these things sometimes act as a wing?

msinger said:
eyecon82, that's the first time hearing that one. My Phantom seems to fly just fine with it attached.
justin00 said:
I've got the CF one and thought they might ad to much drag... So I did some vertical speed tests, just going to 100ft (I was doing the tests anyway to compare against new motors) and having the guard on made no diff.

eyecon82 said:
I've heard that these things sometimes act as a wing?

I read that those who do long distance, fast speed missions or flytrex speed missions experience issues with drag, especially since the Phantom is to tilted more when going faster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj