Camera problems

S

sandman259

So I took my phantom out for a spin and the camera wasn't responding very well. When I brought her it back in I looked at the camera and and it doesn't moves smooth up and down now...kind of chunky now...WTF????

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok so that was weird...I got home and decided I would look at it a little deeper. I've took several iPhones apart so I'm not scared to take the camera apart. I just took off the back of the camera off and the ribbon cover. Was gonna go a little deeper but just kinda moved the camera up and down with my hand. It seemed like it was getting a little smoother. I'm sure it had nothing to do with taking off the back and ribbon cover, just a coincidence. Then did a gimbal recalibration and and used the wheel to go up and down this time. Did it a bunch. Turned it off again and now it seems smooth again like it used to be? That's so weird....I'm happy but concerned at the same time. Why would it do that and how would it just go away? It's just a brushless motor on the end there. Are these known to go out?

Perhaps debris like dirt or sand are entering the gimbal motor in question.

I'm hoping that's all it was...I was flying it around pretty fast right before I noticed it. Hopefully something was just making the bearing rough and fell out[emoji848]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr