Camera problems on latest up dates

Reaction score
Not sure if you have come across this before; Drone has been filming fine no problem, done the updates, Ummm what a pain in the head that was, P3A controller would not except the update but it sort of worked in the end. says have the latest firmware, then another time it say updates required, then 10 mins later it says it has latest updates. This drone is on drugs!
Anyway, I was playing with course lock, took it off on an adventure 2400 meters and done some film, changed format to MP4 from the .mov Anyway got back took the film off the flash card. and it played about 30 seconds and froze. film kept going but picture just stopped. Tried every I have to get it to play, NOP nothing. But, looked on the android where it has a copy of it, and it plays perfect. WHAT!!! checked VLC player, and others some say no codec, what for MP4 ? it does. So something screwy is on the go. Went out and attempted another one ( film), same thing, But tried it Sony Vegas played OK, but the first film shot still will not play on my big computer. Have you come across this type, messed up reality before ???

What format did you record in (4K, 1080p, etc).
My 1 computer does the same with 4K and another one does it with anything over 1080. I guess my computers are just not new/fast enough.
They would keep freezing etc. I would try reducing the quality until you find the right one that will play on your current device.
You can also try uploading them to YouTube in the highest quality you have . Then when you play it, it will select the best quality for you. And it's nice to have another place to store all your videos :).
JMO

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

What format did you record in (4K, 1080p, etc).
My 1 computer does the same with 4K and another one does it with anything over 1080. I guess my computers are just not new/fast enough.
They would keep freezing etc. I would try reducing the quality until you find the right one that will play on your current device.
You can also try uploading them to YouTube in the highest quality you have . Then when you play it, it will select the best quality for you. And it's nice to have another place to store all your videos :).
JMO

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

SO the problem gives yet more head aches, Not sure if the settings, software updates, or memory card now. Grrrrrr. had this thing a year now, and of the problems I have had never had problems with camera stuff.. update firmware and BANG off it goes.

I have class 10 64gb fash cards, 2 of them, both don't seem to like the phantom, or the other way round, yet when I check the cards out, they work in the Android phone and on PC just fine, copied music vid over play without a problem, formatted fat format as DJI says it should, check cards NO problem. second I put it in the drone, it sometimes says fail to render on flash card, or its there and just won't play on PC.
But, if I use the DJI supplied 16gb flash card, it seems OK everything works. Keep reducing quality of vid but don't seem to help using the bigger cards,
Odd very odd!!

update; It seems those clever people at DJI, have not made the drone compatible with all or many of the makes of Micro SD cards, so it seems quite a few won't work on the drone. I ask them, which one s do, their answer Ummmmmm WE DON'T KNOW! NICE..... I said could they sort this out with the next update so as it is compatible with all or 98% of them, or at least supply a list of those which don't work with it. so we all don't go off and buy about 20 cards none of which may work or not! NOT GOOD ENOUGH DJI!!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic