Camera Problem?

Reaction score
Hello guys!

First post in this forum :)

Well a few weeks ago I bought the new phantom vision 2 plus and with just 2 flights Im starting to have issue with the camera.

When I start the phantom the camera start to shake like crazy and this warning appears on my mobile.

What should I do?

Thanks in advance,

Luis

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk H

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881678.451399.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881678.451399.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 811
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881702.983210.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1403881702.983210.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 855
Don't know but i can only suggest.

Firstly, i hope your gimbal clamp is removed.

Secondly.. The IMU talks to the gimbal to assist in the stabilisation calcs.
There could be a possibility that the camera thinks it's tilted fwd/backward.

Keep the phantom off and make sure she is cold.
Start the Phantom assistant goto the IMU calibration screen (where you see the gyro/compass data).
Find a perfectly flat surface (use a level).
Plug the phantom in and the moment you turn her on, run the advanced IMU calibration. It will warn you that it will take 5
minutes.

The reason for the immediate calibration is the software will warn you that the MC is too hot.

If that fails. Try the basic IMU calibration.

Other than that, im out of suggestions.

Thanks a lot Mako will try that when I get home.

Yes the clamp is removed.

The camera start to shake for the firt time when I connected the phantom to my laptop. ???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wixo001 said:
Thanks a lot Mako will try that when I get home.

Yes the clamp is removed.

The camera start to shake for the firt time when I connected the phantom to my laptop. ???

The camera does self test everytime the phantom turns on. If it clicks or you hear the motor buzzing, it means it cannot self align properly.

My horizon was on a tilt of 2-3 degrees. It fixed itself evertime i banked left or right.
This happened when i used my uneven carry backpack to take off. I forgot to do a GPS walk around pre flight and did a CSC motor kill. This somehow made my phantom turtle flip onto its back. I did a flight and the horizon was crooked.

I had my laptop and did some checks and it said i needed a calibration. Did a basic but had to wait 20 minutes to do an advance calibration as my phantom MC was still warm..

Like i said, look for a perfectly levelled place to do it on otherwise you will have a crooked horizon.

Tilt is now fixed.

My phantom is not connecting to the assistant, I tried with 3 different computers but nothing.

"Firmware Updates on June.26
Overview:
a) Central board firmware updated to: v1.0.1.30.
Major New Features:
a) Fixed issue of vision+ gimbal and H3-3D shaking involuntarily when powering on."

I was able to perform a calibration test, (thanks Mako for the link with drivers) but it didnt work, camera still shaking everytime I turn the phantom on.... Updated everything and I still have this warning on my screen.

Thanks god a friend is travelling to the states and she is taking the phantom with her, if not I have to pay a lot for shipping charges, Im sending this unit back for a new one if not I will claim a refund. I send a few email to DJI just waitting for their respond.

Thanks a lot,

Luis

Phantom_Menace66 said:
I think some of these errors/faults are caused by inadvertently turning the power on and forgetting to take the gimbal clamp off! Hence it damages the tiny gimbal motors

Not in this case mate.

It was flying good the day before. This is weir.

Wixo001 said:
Phantom_Menace66 said:
I think some of these errors/faults are caused by inadvertently turning the power on and forgetting to take the gimbal clamp off! Hence it damages the tiny gimbal motors

Not in this case mate.

It was flying good the day before. This is weir.

My apologies, I was not suggesting you had forgotten to remove it. But I do know many have. Once or twice you may be lucky but if you keep forgetting, over time it may damage the little motors. The whole **** thing is ridiculously fragile in my opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj