Camera position at rest.

Reaction score
Hi guys,

sorry if this is a repost as I searched but can't find a definitive answer. Firstly new to this scene and bought a second hand Phantom 2 Vision Plus V3.

Quick question, at rest should the camera be in this position, leaning slightly? If not is there a quick fix?

Attachments

• IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    394.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_0595.JPG
    IMG_0595.JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 381
I have decided on reflection the gimbal arm is possibly bent?? As the camera sits level with the top of the gimbal arm. What do you guys think?

Nope common issue with the gimbal. Take out the three screws on the back of the gimbal. Carefully pull back the circuit board and realign the shaft so camera is level. Reassemble and good to go.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Here is a link to watch a video on how to fix this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Hey Terry,
Looks bent to me too, but also your drop pins are installed ( upside-down ) causing gimbal base plate to push gimbal top plate to one side. And will ultimately cause unwanted vibration. Just a heads up,
Drop pin shaft should go from top to bottom, with disk on bottom, not top.it hits side of phantom shell installed that way. keep us updated.

J Dot
:cool:

Yeah I thought that re the drop pins. Are they easy to remove without snapping??

Also what's my chances of stripping the arm down and straightening?

Yeah I thought that re the drop pins. Are they easy to remove without snapping?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Well,
Honestly, it is hit or miss, some people have success, others not so much!:rolleyes: They like to SNAP, when straightening them.

If I were you ( not telling you what to do, just offering ideas )
There are several options.
They sell new replacement parts ( eBay, ect. )
They also sell new ( cheaper ) plastic replacement parts, honestly I've never messed with them myself, but see people using them with success.
Sometimes you can find a complete roll section, motor, arm, board ect, just screw it together plug it in then go. ( this will save some disassembly )

Now if you want just the arm, to swap your parts with, I personally would just replace, but post here in classifieds, maybe someone has a spare? Or cal local repair shops for used but good parts, maybe even free? I also have a friend, who supplies all my parts, great guy, great prices, and guarantees his parts. ( he is always cheaper than the rest. ) if you cannot find one for a reasonable price, he is the guy.

Feel free to call him, if you want.
Mike Holt
530-277-5366
He is in California,
Tell him Jerry from Florida sent you, he will help you.

Hope this helps!
A+ @msinger, you are always good for a helpful video!:)

J Dot

Take care, and good luck!

Okay guys thanks for all your help so far!

Stripped the gimbal down today to check out the yaw arm, certainly is buckled! So will replace that. As well the ribbon cable adhesive had come loose so going to swap that out as well while I am at it!

Leads me onto the next question. The ribbon connector on the camera circuit board. The little brown flap just flips up to release the ribbon cable. Or completely detached from the board in my case!! Just the lift up flap, not the actual connector. Looks like I got the flap back in place, however it does not completely snap down and hold the ribbon stable now. Is it a case that it never did and the system actually uses the padding on the rear of the camera cover as compression to hold it all in place? Or should that little flap lock down?? If it should I am not sure what I can do now other than replace the camera board????

The little lock, has 2 nipples ( if they are not broken off ) can be reinstalled with a magnifying glass, make sure it is in correctly, and not 180 degrees off, if I cannot be fixed, you might be able to tape it down, if not replace board ( call Mike holt above ) he will have the part you need.

But yes, it clips down and holds the ribbon in place, without it vibrations can cause it to wiggle loose, and cause all sorts of
Issues.ive had success with tape before, on a broken clip, but mine was a mainboard, which I replaced later.

Hope this helps.

J Dot

Ps: good show on the tear down, and diagnose of the bent arm.A+

Thanks for the reply!

Think the nipples are still on but problem is I am not sure of the correct orientation! Can't seem to find a picture!

Yes
Also check the connector EDGES ( that nipples snap into, are not broken? ) if all is good, your ok,

Now orientation.
If you look at the clip CLOSELY, ONE SIDE HAS A LIP, ( or is wider than other side ) this lip is for your fingernail or tool, to catch the lip and open clip, the side with the longer lip goes UP, UNDERSIDE HAS LITTLE RIBS AND SUCH ON IT. Top side is very SMOOTH.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
J DOT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic