camera options

Reaction score
Evening all have a question about camera's for you, I have vision and purchased a good luck buy gimbal..... It arrived but the extension cable didn't. After a 2 week wait(longer than when it was ment to be delivered) I headed down to maplin and brought a 4 pole male and female connector etc etc anyway when I plugged in the camera nothing happened hummmm I thought so I plugged it in normally and the camera still doesn't power up so I'm guessing I've blown it..... GUTTED! Yeah I know but mostly over the pain now. What are my options as a new camera is £350 and I kinda liked the on screen display it gave me?

Actually it's more likely you've blown a small component on the main board inside the Phantom. That's what happens if you short the power to the camera. Open up the Phantom and see if there's signs of burning where the camera cable ends up. You'll probably need a new board but that costs well under £100.

Would be nice if this was the case but I have no way of testing this, last time I had the phantoms shell off I didn't notice any burnt components. If anyone could provide a fault finding guide then this would be of great help also where would I order a new board from as I've only ever seen spares on flea bay?

Thanks CityZen - that's exactly what I meant. It happened to me and the signs of burning in that area were very obvious once I opened the Phantom. A blackened area and a clearly messed up component.

Thankyou cityzen

Attachments

• 20141119_120718.jpg
    20141119_120718.jpg
    778.8 KB · Views: 809
Think I could quite easily solder a new component but unsure what I would need but for the sake of £55 and piece of mind........ today is a good day!

Ordered a board yesterday, delivered today and fitted. Working great, had to bind the camera again but I'm one happy bunny! Next mission is to sort the goodluckbuy gimble out as it works great up and down but slow to react side to side.

The Samsung NX Mini isn't a bad option for a camera on the Phantom 2, provided you don't mind unstabilised footage. I 3D print dampened mounts for cameras in that weight range and I've seen it for ~$280 when on special.

The NX-1100 is another option, but it's really pushing the weight limit with the kit lens, and the nicer 30mm or fisheye 10mm will cost a further $300.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl