Camera only records 30 secs at a time

Reaction score
P3S - After upgrading firmware, first flight out and the camera only records up to 30secs then stops and starts saving to the iPad, whilst its doing that I can't click to record video again. Back at base, although the timer on the record settings in Go app says 30 secs, actually the record length is only about 15 secs. Does the record cache settings make a difference, I've turned off caching to see if that makes a difference. Or Is this because I'm using a quite old iPad2 and the processing is taking too long?
Or am I trying to record in 2.7k an its too high resolution for the iPad?

Last edited:
It's my understanding the ipad2 shouldn't be working at all. ipad mini 2 and ipad air 2 should work fine

Previously worked fine on iPad2 before latest firmware update, however the camera will not record any more than 29-31 secs on:
iPad2 mini,
iPhone 5
All with DJI GO app v 2.8.4 and the AC on 1.6.80
Tried reducing the resolution down to 720 and managed to get 1:45 secs before the camera stopped recording. Sat in garden ....not flying with transmitter next to the Aircraft.
Just updating IOS to 9.3.3 on all 3 devices to see if that makes a difference, otherwise it looks like a downgrade back to previous firmware update....Unless anybody else has any ideas?
Thanks

Previously worked fine on iPad2 before latest firmware update, however the camera will not record any more than 29-31 secs on:
iPad2 mini,
iPhone 5
All with DJI GO app v 2.8.4 and the AC on 1.6.80
Tried reducing the resolution down to 720 and managed to get 1:45 secs before the camera stopped recording. Sat in garden ....not flying with transmitter next to the Aircraft.
Just updating IOS to 9.3.3 on all 3 devices to see if that makes a difference, otherwise it looks like a downgrade back to previous firmware update....Unless anybody else has any ideas?
Thanks
No I don't!, ummmm.
I am using a Ipad 2, I got it loaded at the time with iFunbox, its slow keeping up with the live feed, but other than that, everything works fine. I have video caching off also.
Try formatting the SD card? or a different card?

iPad2 9.3.1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik