Camera only recording in 720p and poor vid quality!

Reaction score
Hi guys.

Im new to the drone scene and have posted my introduction thread. I am in need of some urgent help if possible, before i send my p3s nack as faulty. Took it out yesterday for first flight, and almost lost it!!! So after nearly soiling my Calvin classics! I got a hang of it in beginner mode and started throwing it about. I made sure camera settings were set to optimal. Auto mode, 2.7k but was in 4:3. So after i retrieved the footage from the card. And watching it on my 4k tv, the signal showed as 720p and the image was blurry and very compressed!!! It actually looked like what i was seeing on my phone whilst flying. I have updated the firmware to latest version. Is there a standalone update for the camera? Sorry for the long first post. Atb.

Ste.

It sounds like you might have been watching the lower resolution copy of the video stored on your mobile device. Try watching it from your memory card instead.

It sounds like you might have been watching the lower resolution copy of the video stored on your mobile device. Try watching it from your memory card instead.
Thanks msinger

I actually extracted the vid files from my sd card and transferd them to a stick before watching them on the tv! I have read that this is a problem with some drones in this line. Just hope its something i have missed. And i haven't got a dodgy drone.

I realize this thread is old...but here goes.

My bird is the P4P but I'm having the same issues. It has recently begun recording only in 720 and has a noticeable blossoming about every second on playback. It has latest firmware, which I've also refreshed recently. I'm using SanDisk Extreme class 3 cards which i format religiously via computer or ac itself. I have searched several forums to no avail. I could really use some help as my associate wants 4k/60 for editing purposes. Ideas? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan