Camera on the Phantom 3

Reaction score
I took my first flight on my Phantom 3 Professional to a nearby park and captured video. The video was very choppy. It came out with interference like lines going through it. Is this normal? Anybody else experiencing those issues. Today was my first flight.

Last edited:
No that is not normal. What card are you using? Camera settings?

I went default on everything. First flight and all. Changed nothing. I figured I would do that first then start tweeking things later. I am just concerned. I hope I didn't get a lemon on the camera part.

Using the card that came with it? That's very unusual. I've never had anything but great video from my camera. I wish I had some trouble shooting ideas for you but it may be a bad camera.

Could it be the system you're viewing it on? Was it recorded on mov or MP4 container?

I using a kindle fire HD with DJ Pilot App. Until I get around to buying an iPad mini.

I wonder if that's it. Maybe the video on the sd card is good. Maybe it's the upload that is bad. Hmm...

I'm guessing your kindle processor can't keep up. Mines choppy when playing back on pc cause my video card is weak

Ok. Well something to work on. I'll have to get busy with this and not let time go by. I just bought my Phantom 3 Pro last week. Crossing fingers that it's something simple.

I'm thinking the same thing. Try playing the original footage after its transferred to your computer via a card reader. I would suggest not viewing it directly off the card because you may get choppy video depending on your system.

Dji.com. I registered through the dji pilot app. And it's all setup to upload automatically.

Actually, I think I know what you mean. You're viewing the video through the app, right?

Yeah the video on the SD card is the good stuff - it's much higher quality than the video that was streamed to the app. Pull out the SD card and try viewing it on a computer, you'll be amazed.

I experienced a huge difference between 24fps and 50fps. 1080 50fps is smooth and clear for me. My video at 24fps was super choppy playing on the big screen.

I would recommend leaving the sd card in the P3 & hook up the usb cable to pc/laptop

Some people have had issues with the sd card not seating properly - the less you remove/insert the card the better imo

Cool. I'm reading your guys posts, and I feel better for now. Sounds like it may be the upload.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1