Camera off-center a few degrees...

Reaction score
Has anybody else had to deal with this with their camera? Just arrived a few days ago and i noticed that the camera doesn't want to point perfectly straight like I think it should.
Any fixes anybody know of to get it centered?
1263ec0fe3abb8054c0f5396e91438ee.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure about the Standard, but the cameras on my P3A's all point straight ahead. Have you tried a gimbal calibration. Since it just arrived (Assume there was some shipping involved) you might want to first do an IMU cal then do the Gimbal one.

My P3S has the same problem, although it's just slightly off-center. I found a "centering camera" in the gimbal settings of DJI GO for iOS (not on Android) but it seems to just point the camera straight down at first click, straight up on second click... anybody knows what this setting is about???

Mine is the same and has been since new. Calibration did not fix it and since it is so minor, I am not bothering with it as my videos and operation are fine.

There is a YouTube video on how to fix this problem, i had a flyaway and crash and mine was off alot, just Google crocked camera for dji phantom 3 standard and a video will come up on you tube

To know you have the right video its the one were you unscrew the cover on the camera and turn a cam screw to line up with the camera housing, very simple just need small Phillips screwdriver and needle nose pliers, its crooked not crocked

Ok, will take a look, I think I know what you're talking about. I was hoping that it could be corrected via DJI GO, like the tilted horizon. Really wondering what that "centering camera" option in GO is about...

Would you mind sharing the video when you find it? I can only find ones that fix horizon misalignment, not yaw problems

Would you mind sharing the video when you find it? I can only find ones that fix horizon misalignment, not yaw problems

Can't find anything either... I saw a couple videos covering the yaw arm replacement (like this one), which I thought were also talking about alignment, but they don't: yaw arm has a grub screw that engages the flat side of the yaw motor shaft (wow... that's a mouthful...) but there is nothing to align there. My camera is only off by a small margin, so practically it does not bother me. It would be something very simple to fix via DJI GO, wondering why the functionality is not there.

This issue seems so common and the fact that we are all looking for a way to fix it is crazy. DJI if you are listening, can you say software/product enhancement?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj