Camera not pointing completely strait..few degrees off

Reaction score
I've done everything to try and get the camera/gimbal to point strait...iv'e recalibrated: IMUs on a level surface (checked by a level), compass, and gimbal, but can't seem to get the camera to point completely strait (maybe I'm doing something wrong with my recalibration?). It is slightly pointed to the right by a degree or two. This does not seem to impact the operation of the camera, but is annoying to look at since I can visually see it is slightly off. Anyone else have this issue and were u able to address it? Any other configuration settings that I am missing? I searched, but don't see much info regarding this topic with the P4...just a few references with the P3 and below. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It's a long-standing problem going back at least into the p2 model.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you for the response. Do they all do that or just some? I'm assuming this is a software calibration issue?

I had this same problem yesterday and was about to return it because I thought there was something wrong with it. Well all I did was turn it off and turn it back on and that fixed it!!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Since the gimbal doesn't yaw right or left, I cant imagine how one would get software or firmware to correct this. It would seem to be a physical problem with gimbal alignment with the craft. Have you tried loosening the gimbal mount screws and holding the gimbal to the left as you re-tighten?

I have not tried that. Are you talking about the two small phillips screws right above the camera mount (on the circle)? If I loosen these two screws, I should be able to twist the camera slightly and retighten them to lock the camera back in place? Also - just to confirm, when doing a gimbal calibration, the camera movement left to right several times does not include an attempt to set the camera to point strait forward? Thanks again!

Mine points to the left arm by a few degrees. Tried everything including the screw and it always went back. So, I fixed the annoyance by not bringing the camera up that high. Works like a charm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31