Camera not level on Vision 2 plus

Reaction score
My camera all of a sudden does not remain level. The gimbal takes the arm all the way down. Camera still tilts up and down. Hope my terminology is correct as I am a newbie.
Thanks for any help.

I am tilting the phone with the slide and that part works fine. The camera just doesn't stay level and all my pics look like the copter is in a bank even though it is hovering level.

It does it on the table. When you level the camera by hand the motor runs it back down. I have taken shots on the table and it will not level the camera.
Thanks

This is what you *might* try.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653
The shaft inside is only a press fit and can suddenly slip slightly even without any obvious bump.

The sensible thing is probably to send it back under warranty if that still applies.
The trouble is that could take weeks?
You could first try the advanced IMU calibration which might improve things slightly

My camera looks just like the camera in the video from 4wd. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19653. It acts like a software problem because the motor is pushing the camera down. You can level the camera and the motor pushes it back down. I have to decide if I am brave enough to try the fix.I really do not think I have a bent shaft. I also can not get either my Phantom or the RC to connect to calibrate. I went and bought a new cable today hoping that was the problem but still can't connect either. Even tried a different computer to no avail. I am using the 2 different software's for the appropriate device.

I just updated and installed the driver but did not solve the problem. I needed to do that anyway. Learning as I go.

I have done the updates and calibrations but can not figure out how to calibrate the gimbal. Can't find it in my instructions. I think that is my last chance on this issue. Appreciate advise on calibrating the gimbal.
Thanks

Unfortunately you can't specifically do the gimbal with the V+
- even though the software shows tabs about it - that's for other phantom/gimbal combinations.
If you presented it as a warranty clam they will probably ask if you have done the Advanced IMU calibration which is how the phantom knows what is level to start with.

My camera was tilted too. The repair in this video fixed my problem. There is another YouTube video from someone suggesting taking a pair of pliers to the shaft inside the gimbal. I don't recommend that. Here is the link. Good luck.

Phantom 2 Vision Plus camera repair and solution: http://youtu.be/Y3Ii1i3-x3I

Reactions: JohnQ
sdhawk1953 said:
Great video. Mine was under warranty so I shipped for repair today. Dread the wait for it.

This is the wise thing to do.
The daft thing is they will probably just replace the camera and gimbal which is a fairly easy DIY job!
It's good they get failed units back so they are aware of common problems and might take steps to design these issues out.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31