camera no image

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just crash my drone (P3 pro) yesterday. The only thing that is not working is the camera (no image on the smartphone). The gimbal work, i can move it around using the RC. There is no apparent broken part from the gimbal or the camera.

Question:
Should i dissasemble the gimbal and try to see more indepth for defect part, unplug wires ?

If i can't repair it (camera 4k) sell that drone 500$ cnd money enough ? with RC and 1/battery ?

thanks in advanced for your help

Chapy

I had this exact same problem with a brand new P3P that had been banged around during shipping. Turned out the one of the two cable connectors at the top of the gimbal was not plugged in. I plugged it in and powered on the phantom and voila, it worked as it should.

Are those connectors you are talking about were apparent when you look around or they are hide under some other parts ?

I mean, you had to dissasemble the gimbal to have access to those connectors ?

thank for your quick reply, i really appreciate.

bye

Are those connectors you are talking about were apparent when you look around or they are hide under some other parts ?

I mean, you had to dissasemble the gimbal to have access to those connectors ?

thank for your quick reply, i really appreciate.

bye
No disassembly required, it was one of the two connectors at the top of the gimbal plate, the rubber dampers stretched too far during rough shipping which allowed the connector to be pulled out. I will see if I can find the picture but I have since upgraded to the P4.

These are the two grey flat and cables that connect Cam/ gimbal to P3. They are on top of the gimbal. Press them gently with a flat end screw driver.

This is the connector that was disconnected for me that produced the exact same symptoms you are having:
IMG_5925.JPG

Thank's to both of you for those tips and trick to look around.
I will try to fix it myself, i don't really want to ship it and lost my drone for 2-3 weeks just to fix a small problem. I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal.

Maybe i'm wrong, i will look around soon and give you some feeback about my repair.
Hope for the best.

Any idea how my drone worth without the 4K camera ?
If i decide to sold it (if not fixable), 1 drone, 1 rc, 1 battery, 1 charger.

bye

Used needing a camera I would estimate $450 to sell the rest. P3P cameras that need ribbon cable replaced are selling for over $300 on ebay, it is $439 for the camera new or $799 for the whole setup new. Your best bet would be to see if the cables are not seated well and then if you are still having problems contact @hunch and see how much he will charge to fix it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic