Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Advanced Camera moving side-to-side continuously after crash

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by Smothers12, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Smothers12

I crashed my DJI P3 into a tree and the camera started having a "seizure" afterwards. I watched YouTube videos and aligned/adjusted the shaft parallel with the board. Now when I start it up, the camera goes through it's entire motion like it would normally warm up, followed by a continuous left-to-right motion. It's not just a left or right shaking, it's a hard side to side continuous motion. I can't control the left to right motion with the controller but I can adjust the camera up/down with the controller. Any ideas?

#1 Smothers12, Jul 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  2. Mako79

Need more photos of the camera's alignment. Either the yaw shaft or yaw arm is bent.
    If you leave the phantom off and on a stable table, does the camera swing to one side?

Also, look for a hidden grub black hex grub scrub set screw located at the bottom of the yaw motor on the opposite side of the flex cable. This is known to come loose after a bump or 2.

3. Smothers12

Below are pictures of it in the off position. It does rest at an angle. If I straight it out, it goes back to the shown resting position. Is that what you were asking about?

Also, is the set screw you were referring to the one pointed out in the picture below? If so, it is tight and not appears to be loose or broken that I can see or feel.

4. Mako79

Everything looks straight from the photos.
    Maybe someone else can see something I cant..

5. MPPilot

Looks like you might also have some airframe damage on the left front just below the vent. Be sure to keep an eye on it between flights.

6. Mako79

Just a stab in the dark...
    This looks just a tad crooked me thinks.. It should be parallel to the gimbal board.
    [​IMG]

It also could be a crushed potentiometer in the yaw axis.
    Look for Hani (username Hunch). He would be the best person to diagnose this.

7. Smothers12

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Thanks!

8. Smothers12

Nice eye! After you pointed this out, I noticed that when I move the yaw side to side, it does appear to be VERY slightly bent.

9. Smothers12

I've tried updating to the newest firmware and recalibrating everything. I double checked the trimmer alignment and everything seems good to go. I can't seem to find anyone else having the same issue. Ideas?

10. Smothers12

Does anyone have any other suggestions or further resources?