Camera LED not turning on

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Today I was going to get the bird up in the air, but after firing everything up, app said it was unable to connect to Phantom. It then occurred to me that when I turned on the Phantom I got no response from the camera. I checked and the LED is not even lit. It was working fine two days ago and suddenly it's no longer working. Have not crashed it or anything. From the exterior, all the cables look good, nothing loose.

The only recent change I made between the last flight and today was to switch to NAZA mode in the assistant. I doubt that has anything to do with the camera problem.

Any ideas?

Yikes. After doing some searching related to no power to the camera, it looks like it might be a serious problem. I've already had one painful experience with customer support to get the first one replaced (DOA). Not too excited about going through that again. But I've only had it for a few weeks and have flown 9 times. Man I'm so disappointed. I thought I had a good one because it was flying like a champ.

Check the grey cables that come down from the Phantom to the gimbal controller.
They can pull loose in transport or rough landings.
You might need bent tweezers to reconnect them.
No connection = no power to gimbal.

I did check those grey cables and they look good. Is the only way to drop the gimbal is to break the plastic anti drop pins? I'd like to get a better look at the cable connections.

If they are loose it is easy to tell without cutting the pins.
Use a set of tweezers or even something like a matchstick to see if the cable ends are loose or attached.

The support guy had me jiggle the grey wires while the unit was on to check for a loose connection. Camera showed no signs of life. So I'll be sending back yet another one. I'm getting to know these support guys pretty well by now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj