Camera issues

Reaction score
Warning....Newbie here. Yesterday was my 4th day with the P4P and was flying and taking video. After the second flight the camera would stop and disappear then come back. I landed and rebooted everything. Same issue on next flight. I landed again, took out the SD card which showed plenty of recording time. After swapping out the SD card to another 64Gig and the issues went away. Well when I got home I put the SD card in my Mac, transferred the video and deleted the files. Then I looked at the SD card and even though there were no files there was 62 Gig in use. SO I ended up using a utility program to erase the SD card. That then freed up all the space.

Sorry so long! Has anyone had this issue? Is it normal to have to erase the card?

Thanks!

Then I looked at the SD card and even though there were no files there was 62 Gig in use. SO I ended up using a utility program to erase the SD card. That then freed up all the space.
Sorry so long! Has anyone had this issue? Is it normal to have to erase the card?
Don't delete files. As you've found out that doesn't clear the space.
When you have copied your images to the computer, format the card either in the computer or the Phantom.

Reactions: DronePilotOne
Don't delete files. As you've found out that doesn't clear the space.
When you have copied your images to the computer, format the card either in the computer or the Phantom.

I agree. In fact, this goes for most cards and/or hard drives: format them to the specifications needed/wanted before use. Then you have a reference.

As a habit, I like to format at my computer and then sometimes also format in the bird as well. Just to make sure I have a clean format to start shooting.

Reactions: DronePilotOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen