Camera issues after 1.06.0040 firmware update

Reaction score
After updating my P3P to the 1.06.0040 firmware, my drone's camera is having a serious issue. All I am able to see are green bars. Underneath the bars, I can faintly see the actual camera image, so I know it isn't completely messed up. Also, when I switch to video mode, it is fine. I've tried reinstalling the app, reinstalling the firmware update, resetting all settings, using a different device, using a different cord - none have made any difference. I looked and I don't see any obviously loose ribbons. I have never crashed this drone at all. I'm about to send it to DJI, but I really don't want to do that because I have heard the horror stories. Has anyone seen this issue before?

DJI_0017.JPG

It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum Brian. I hope that you will take advantage of the benefits that come with membership and that you will be able to use the forum for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Phantom quadcopter’s.

That is a problem. I hope someone here can help you out. Have you tried calling DJI to see what they tell you?

These weird green bars are on live video downlink or on the SD card ?

I see the green bars on both the live downlink and the actual photos. I just noticed that although the video mode doesn't show those green bars, it seems to be very under exposed. Not sure if that helps anyone figure out the problem or now...

After updating my P3P to the 1.06.0040 firmware, my drone's camera is having a serious issue. All I am able to see are green bars. Underneath the bars, I can faintly see the actual camera image, so I know it isn't completely messed up. Also, when I switch to video mode, it is fine. I've tried reinstalling the app, reinstalling the firmware update, resetting all settings, using a different device, using a different cord - none have made any difference. I looked and I don't see any obviously loose ribbons. I have never crashed this drone at all. I'm about to send it to DJI, but I really don't want to do that because I have heard the horror stories. Has anyone seen this issue before?

View attachment 38692

I have had the same issue. I got a P3 Advanced for Christmas and my first few flights were with no issue. Once I saw the new firmware (1.06.0040) I did the update process and I have had intermittent camera issues ever since. I am currently trying to downgrade the firmware to the 1.05.0030 release to see if that fixes the issue. The P3 has not crashed or even landed hard so there is no real reason to expect there to be a hardware problem. Let me know if you figured out a fix.

I have had the same issue. I got a P3 Advanced for Christmas and my first few flights were with no issue. Once I saw the new firmware (1.06.0040) I did the update process and I have had intermittent camera issues ever since. I am currently trying to downgrade the firmware to the 1.05.0030 release to see if that fixes the issue. The P3 has not crashed or even landed hard so there is no real reason to expect there to be a hardware problem. Let me know if you figured out a fix.

**UPDATE**

After downgrading the firmware on the Phantom 3 Advanced the camera appears to be working fine while sitting here in the house, I still need to make a flight to be 100% sure it is back to normal. The only thing that is going to be annoying the is firmware update alert that happens in the DJI Go App, but I can ignore that if my video will work well again.

How does one DOWNGRADE to any version prior to 1.06.0040?

I have both a NO SIGNAL problem (no video signal, although the camera shoots still and video just fine, there is no preview only a grayed out screen in the GO App main window). App tells me NO SIGNAL. The P3 was working fine until I was FORCED to upgrade to new FW in the RC.

I get video and stills I shoot appearing fine on micro SD, but the LightBridge signal either appears to be on the fritz, or the RC unit is not seeing it.

I relinked a couple of times to see if this would make a difference. Nada!

The odd thing during upgadgina slso occurred, and this may provide a clue. Rather than switching from _ _ _ _ beeps to _ * _ _ , the aircraft just sounded a prolonged: Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. No pauses, only this very disconcerting long beep/buzz sound. This noise would not stop, so each time I had to power down the craft. I did what any otherwise confused user would do, and tried re-installing (hoping I was not going mad?), I tried new batteries a couple of times as well, to see if it was sort of NEW warning (like, hey stupid this battery is updated, throw in another), but there was no difference.

Upon looking in the appropriate dialog in the Go app it shows the aircraft as having the proper FW upgrade, however (v. 1.06.0040)

I need to try to back out the upgrade to see if this makes a difference before assuming hardware issues. Can anyone tell me how todo this, or if it is possible?

HELP!? : }

Last edited:
Mine worked for about 2 flights after the firmware backdate. I had to send mine into DJI for troubleshoot and repair. I should have it back this week. Not sure what was wrong but it was fixed under warranty for no charge. If I had to guess, it was something wrong with lightbridge.

**UPDATE**

After downgrading the firmware on the Phantom 3 Advanced the camera appears to be working fine while sitting here in the house, I still need to make a flight to be 100% sure it is back to normal. The only thing that is going to be annoying the is firmware update alert that happens in the DJI Go App, but I can ignore that if my video will work well again.

**update**

After two flights video was gone again. I finally sent the unit into DJI for repair.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1