Camera issue

Reaction score
guys, do you think I should return my Phantom 3 Advanced to the seller basing on the below video?

I am shooting in full hd, 50 fps. This effect presents in approximately 15% of my videos

Those are shadows from the sun shining through your props. You can work around that by installing a lens hood, install a lens filter, flying in a different direction, or flying at a different time of day (e.g. when the sun is not high in the sky).

Last edited:
Can someone show similar video if that's a common problem please? That would be a big relief.

Thanks

Your camera is working as designed. Got any lens filters? That's usually an easy way to fix the problem -- and, it'll allow you to shoot higher quality video.

I found it
looks exactly like mine. Thats good to know!

How do lens filters prevent prop shadows from falling on the lens? Isn't it a lens hood that I need to prevent that?

A lens hood will help prevent the light from hitting the lens. I'm sure there are certain angles where it wouldn't entirely fix the problem though. A lens filter allows you to slow down the shutter speed -- which can eliminate this problem and/or make it much less noticeable.

You can find more information on this topic at the following Google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=fix+phantom+prop+shadow&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Lens hood prevents some portion of the light from hitting the lens - true. It doesn't stop shadows from hitting the lens though. Thanks for quick response and help!

Lens hood prevents some portion of the light from hitting the lens - true. It doesn't stop shadows from hitting the lens though.
I don't know the science behind it. But, I do know people only use lens hoods to prevent/minimize prop shadows.

I don't know the science behind it. But, I do know people only use lens hoods to prevent/minimize prop shadows.
I don't think you convinced him.;)

Can someone show similar video if that's a common problem please? That would be a big relief.

Thanks
This video was taken this morning.I have isolated 2 of my scenes.
I have ordered a nd8 filter and i hope it will do the trick.So many nice clips deleted **** :(

I have ordered a nd8 filter
You're going to also need an ND16 for shooting during the day. If it's extremely bright during the day where you live, then pick up an ND32 as well.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4