Camera isn't level - any solution?

Thanks, Damon, but if you read the thread you'll see that the dealer very kindly replaced the gimbal for me, so problem solved.

HarryT said:
Thanks, Damon, but if you read the thread you'll see that the dealer very kindly replaced the gimbal for me, so problem solved.

Well if it happens again after a mishap, you can yourself some time and effort and DIY.

damoncooper said:
If you've done advanced IMU calibration on a perfectly level surface and it's still not level, gently but firmly bend the gimbal plate till level. Easy. I've had to do it twice after minor mishaps. Works like a charm, no tools required, takes 2 minutes and costs $0.

Just bend a very small amount at a time with the corner of a table or table top.

Are you bending the plate that attaches to the phantom itself?

Not unless it's malformed. The malformed piece has usually been the bottom plate, attached to the body plate with the rubber mallets.

Since the camera is dynamically stable, i.e. it automatically responds to changes to the attitude of the aircraft in flight, it should not have anything to do with the mounting. A lop-sided mount should be auto corrected. If the put the aircraft on a sloping surface the camera should adjust. So, it's a setup problem. is there an adjustment for this in the setup. I've noticed a slight 'lean' of the horizon on mine. It's not serious, merely a bit incongruous.

Since the camera is dynamically stable, i.e. it automatically responds to changes to the attitude of the aircraft in flight, it should not have anything to do with the mounting. A lop-sided mount should be auto corrected. If the put the aircraft on a sloping surface the camera should adjust. So, it's a setup problem. is there an adjustment for this in the setup. I've noticed a slight 'lean' of the horizon on mine. It's not serious, merely a bit incongruous.

Which quadcopter. gimbal and camera do you have? A video of the problem would be of help.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4