Camera is way to weak

Reaction score
24 hours after receiving mine, hard landing due to RTH function not bringing to the original location, but about 60 feet away and hitting the side of my building then coming down in the parking lot. The camera was still attached, but was tweaking out. moving all over the place. Looked ok, but did not move ok. Can still fly fine, just no camera. B&H is replacing. Obviously based on the amount of posts here, this camera is breaking way to much. they should expect some impact on this. they need to strenghten up their camera design to take some wear and tear and keep flying. obviously they cannot keep up with the load of phone calls and emails associated with this issue, that's why no one hears back from them. Looking forward to the guy making the camera protection on the landing gear. Best selling phantom 2 yet would be Phanton 2 vision+ tough/wet. A buoyant, waterproof, tough phantom that can take some crashes and keep flying. understandable if the props need to be replaced. Also, why do they not offer larger batteries. 1100 mAh batteries are easy to get for other RC vehicles. could double flight time.

You just said it hit a building and fell into the parking lot. For ya-yas, toss your phone or SLR in the air and see how they fair landing on the parking lot. And neither of them have a delicate gimbal mechanism! Why didn't you assume control and steer clear of the hazard? I allow my Phantom to RTH quite often, but I ALWAYS watch and am ready to assume command the instant something looks funny. Personally, I've never had my Vision+ try to land more than 5' from where it launched.

1100 Mah is actually a small battery. The Phantom 2's battery has nearly 5x the capacity @ 5200 Mah.

First you hit a building, then smashed it into pavement? And the camera broke? No...
Your not flying a bumper car. Don't have B&H replace your Plus, get an FC40 or a Vision, much more resistant to abuse.

PhantomDude69 said:
hard landing due to RTH function not bringing to the original location, but about 60 feet away.

This sounds more like pilot error. The first set of rapidly flashing greens is the Phantom establishing orientation (i.e. which way is forward). The second set of rapid green flashes (after working through green-red-red-red, etc. as sats are acquired) is locking the home point.

What you described is explained by taking off before the home point was established.

C'mon give the guy a break ! He didn't read the manual , and hit a building and crashed in a parking lot. Not his fault the cameras weak. WTF ! Christ he'd ***** if wrecked his car after hitting a brick wall!

the camera is way too weak
PhantomDude69 said:
24 hours after receiving mine, hard landing due to RTH function not bringing to the original location, but about 60 feet away and hitting the side of my building then coming down in the parking lot. The camera was still attached, but was tweaking out. moving all over the place. Looked ok, but did not move ok. Can still fly fine, just no camera. B&H is replacing. Obviously based on the amount of posts here, this camera is breaking way to much. they should expect some impact on this. they need to strenghten up their camera design to take some wear and tear and keep flying. obviously they cannot keep up with the load of phone calls and emails associated with this issue, that's why no one hears back from them. Looking forward to the guy making the camera protection on the landing gear. Best selling phantom 2 yet would be Phanton 2 vision+ tough/wet. A buoyant, waterproof, tough phantom that can take some crashes and keep flying. understandable if the props need to be replaced. Also, why do they not offer larger batteries. 1100 mAh batteries are easy to get for other RC vehicles. could double flight time.

It crashed due to RTH function not bringing it to it's original location? NOT due to you, not knowing what you're doing? I can't believe you're touching up B&H for a new one.

"Also, why do they not offer larger batteries. 1100 mAh batteries are easy to get for other RC vehicles. could double flight time."
Huh? Seriously?
Feel sorry for B&H and DJI .

It is scientific fact that anyone who uses the number 69 is any way shape or form for an online forum username is a mentally deficient delta bravo.

Problem could be operator starting out downwind, and then not enough juice to fly home against the wind.
Remember to always be upwind from homespot when battery gets low. Too many user underestimate wind, and how much extra power it takes to fight the wind.

And remember, the Phantom goes to 20 meters / 60 ft before RTH. Up there you have way more wind than at ground level. As a rule of thumb, say twice the wind. It is often better to fly home closer to the ground, if you can avoid obstacles.

Could be he doesn't know what he's doing. I don't feel sorry at all for someone who spends 1300 and doesn't bother to learn how it works. Then crys about hitting a building and crashing and whining about his + not being strong enough. Gimme a break.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl